• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikings?

jltimm

Who is this team that has shown up in the last 2 games? I think I just heard some people landing back on the wagon? Don't you fans be getting your hopes up again, you should know better by now! grin.gif

Its hard being a sports fan in MN. But the Vikings sure did look good. For what I seen in the last few weeks, we should win out our schedule. As of this week, the Vikings are in control of the second wild card. Its hard to believe they turned things around like this.

As for the band wagon jumpers, remember this is MN, dont get your hopes up to high smirk.gif. It sure is easier watching the games this way! Jackson is starting to look like a quarterback! And just maybe Childress isnt as big of an (Contact Us Please) as everyone thought, but I doubt that grin.gif.

Go Vikes!!

They have an excellent "D" but T Jack STILL hasn't impressed me, that pick he threw was a horrible decision, there wasn't a Vike within 7 yards

Ya T-Jack isnt impressing, just alot better then he was before. You cant complain about the rushing defense. Top notch!

He's done his job very well the last 3 weeks, end of story. His QB rating against Oakland and NYG was over 101 and that only went up yesterday. What would you like him too do? He made countless big 3rd down plays and kept the chains moving with his arm and legs on 5 straight TD drives. How anyone could have watched that game yesterday and can say Jackson didnt look is beyond me. Oh wait, i do know how, its called bias. You dont like the guy and it doesnt matter what he does. I could understand when you were trashing on the guy after 4 or 5 weeks but not after the last 3 games. He has done more than just not make mistakes. He is engineering scoring drives. Of course a running game helps. But they had the running game there when they were 2-5. The difference now at 6-6 is plays being made in the passing game. The QB throwing darts and the recievers hanging onto the ball.

I agree, he made some rocket passes right were they needed to be, if any where else they would have been picked off. Maybe he's a instant reaction type athlete who does better when he goes on instinct. Cause all his good passes were on quick hitters. I'ld like to see more of the same out of T-jack and pass judgement at the end off the season as for now, he is progressing like any qb, looks good then not so good, hopefully good is here for awhile.

Hes doing exactly what hes being asked too. Hes not being asked too throw 35 passes and 300 yards with 4 TD's. He doesnt have too. Hes being asked too compliment the running game and keep the chains moving and hes done it well the last couple games.

I think he is improving every game. Give the guy a break, he hasn't even played a full season yet.

I will be the first to admit that he is improving. I have slammed him before, but he is improving.

Could it be that Childress's simplified offense is starting to work and the QB is learning?

That is another person that gets no respect, Childress. Like I said before, he is a good coach. Even if he doesn't make the playoffs, to finish .500 or so with such a inexperianced QB says something.

Don't get your hopes up.. It's the Vikings!! Do I enjoy watching them play well, yes.. will I get my hopes up after watching them win a few games, no..

They'll more than likely find a way to screw it up as usual. If not, then Go Vikes!!

Williamson is a horrible reciever, but he is fast, I wonder if they can train him in as a d-back, then he can only drop interceptions smirk.gif.

The Vikes are on a roll, they have an easy schedule in front of them, they have a good shot at the playoffs. If Jackson can improve a little more, the Vikes could beat any team out there. This team isnt missing much, to be a championship team. I know this is the Vikings, and they will find away to loose. If you look back at this whole season, as bad as it was, we have been in every game until the end except for 1. Thats only because the packers cheat grin.gif. I dont have my hopes up to high, just saying, it could happen!

This year 9-7 should get us in the playoffs. Although if we cant win the last 4 games, we arent going to do anything in the playoffs anyhow. Although it would be nice to make it, and knock the packers out of the playoffs again grin.gif.

I will admit it is nice to see the Vikings playing well. Can it last? After the Lions game on the Vikings Radio Network everyone says next weeks game should be a win for the Vikes! If they can go and prove everyone right by beating a team we SHOULD beat then we may have a good shot. (How many times have we gone in to a very winnable game and walked out with a loss!?!) Think of the Cardinals in Week 16 a few years back - with the playoffs on the line. If the Vikings can take one game at a time and Jackson makes the plays and decisions he made against the Lions, then we could be Playoff bound! - Yet if they lose, the Vikings bandwagoners may fall back off. OH WELL - FOR NOW, GO VIKES!

Here is what the NFL network thinks of the 6-6 Vikings playoff chances!

NFL 6-6 teams.com

Quote:

They have an excellent "D" but T Jack STILL hasn't impressed me, that pick he threw was a horrible decision, there wasn't a Vike within 7 yards

How can you not be impressed by Jackson? He's 7-2 as a starter!!! What do you want from this guy???

You got SF on the road. Its a bad team that should be beat. Chicago and Washington at home. Both teams in the same caliber of the vikings. But at home you have too like their chances. Denver on the road is interesting. I believe Denver still has the worst rushing defense in the NFL. At least they did 3 weeks ago. If Jackson plays like he has the last couple games i think they'll be OK to go. The line is playing phenomenal and i would think that would continue.

Quote:

Who is this team that has shown up in the last 2 games? I think I just heard some people landing back on the wagon? Don't you fans be getting your hopes up again, you should know better by now!
grin.gif

Dude, Vikings played the Giants and Lions..... Giants are not a good team, especially with Plaxico Burress being injured and very slow, and Brandon Jacobs as well as Derrick Ward out as well.. NOt to mention, Giant's leading defensive rusher is out as well. With all these players being either injured or not playing, do you really consider Vikings winning over the Giants as impressive? If P Burress and Brandon Jacobs were healthy, Vikings would not have won. Any team can beat the decimated Giants right now, probably even the Dolphins...

As for detroit, always starts out strong in the beginning of the season and ends weak towards the end of the season... Detroit has not been doing much against any team these past couple of weeks... Detroit is not even good... Thus, Vikings beating Detroit is not impressive... Oh yes, Vikings beating Oakland is not impressive as well..

Im definitely not jumping on the Vikings bandwagon.

a win is a win..... if its get us in playoffs by beat "not so good" team then.....good!!

if giants have all those players healthy they wld still lose....period......

Besides the green bay blow out, the viks were in position to win every game including dallas. don't you go tell me that we won the game just because the giants were missing a few players. if you have forgotten, we have a very good defense. you were probably to busy watching reruns of desperate housewives to even bother paying attention to the football game anyways. please spare us with you ever-so-lame insite.

Quote:

Quote:

Who is this team that has shown up in the last 2 games? I think I just heard some people landing back on the wagon? Don't you fans be getting your hopes up again, you should know better by now!
grin.gif

Dude, Vikings played the Giants and Lions..... Giants are not a good team, especially with Plaxico Burress being injured and very slow, and Brandon Jacobs as well as Derrick Ward out as well.. NOt to mention, Giant's leading defensive rusher is out as well. With all these players being either injured or not playing, do you really consider Vikings winning over the Giants as impressive? If P Burress and Brandon Jacobs were healthy, Vikings would not have won. Any team can beat the decimated Giants right now, probably even the Dolphins...

As for detroit, always starts out strong in the beginning of the season and ends weak towards the end of the season... Detroit has not been doing much against any team these past couple of weeks... Detroit is not even good... Thus, Vikings beating Detroit is not impressive... Oh yes, Vikings beating Oakland is not impressive as well..

Im definitely not jumping on the Vikings bandwagon.

The bandwagon won't miss ya.

OK...so the Lions and NYG are bad. What is not impressive about blowing out bad teams. The Vikes ran 'em both right off the field. Could they have done something different with those teams?

I'm going to have to agree with the last few guys. A good team should be able to blow out bad teams. Look at the Patriots, they've been doing it - although teams are getting closer to beating them. Provided the Vikings competition hasn't been that great and the last 4 games are all against below .500 teams. YET winning builds confidence and a load of confidence with this team may be enough. A team winning 7 in a row, not saying it will happen, but if it does then they'll be rolling with confidence.

THE VIKINGS COULD BE THE COLORADO ROCKIES of the NFL this year. Sure the Rockies didn't win it all but they were fun to watch and made it to the World Series! (Not saying the Vikes are Super Bowl contenders, but its proof what winning and confidence can do!)

The band wagon has grown alot the last few weeks. I started the season, thinking we would end up 9-7 with a possible playoff spot. I have to admit, I fell of the wagon for a couple weeks, but I am back on. I believe this team has alot of young talent, and they just needed a little time to grow.

We are 6-6, not very good, but nobody else is either! Very few elite teams out there. If we can beat the teams we are suppose to beat, we will make the playoffs. And next year can add a couple more pieces to the puzzle and be one of the elite next year!

I watched every game this year and I will watch every game till I die, Its a relief to see improvement in this years team, it was getting painful to watch the game on Sundays. Now I am excited agian to watch the Vikes, No matter what happens the rest of the season, I see potential for the future. GO VIKES!!

Coming from an outsider, I am liking how the Vikings are playing as of late. I think if T-Jack continues to make strides and stays on the field they have to be in the lead for making the #6 playoff spot, with a decent shot at upsetting either Tampa or Seattle on the road. If the Defense can continue to force turnovers they will have a shot.

I have and always been a huge viking fan ,this win streak is very much welcomed in my eyes.I hope we can do something this year to continue to win and keep us viking fans happy.Past years have not treated the fans of the vikings well ,let us all hope the spell breaks soon or my blood pressure won't take it.