• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

are height of land, island, detroit and the bigger lakes frozen over...hows the ice thickness? wondering because have a cabin in the area...thanks for the info...

Was out on the west bay yesterday and there was 6-7" of good ice but we got a bunch of snow on it so it is flooding some. We had a wheeler with chains and a bigger one without, make sure you got chains if u have to pull more than you can walking. And if you are walking some of those cleats would have been handy. I know my boots were eye level when my shoulder blades hit the ice. Luckily no damage done. Krebsy cool.gif

Ice is good but the snow brought slush. I've seen anywhere from 5-9 inches where I've been. Little Detroit is fishable with ATV traffic, along with most other smaller lakes. Don't know about Big D, Pelican, or Big C. The forecasted snow won't help things,but we'll see.

Guys -- we need to use our heads here.

I really want to get out, but this snow ois going to make things very dangerous. Sow insulates the ice and puts extra weight on it.

They are projecting extreme cold at the end of the week and I think that will help. TV11 is saying -25 for a low. It is just not worth risking your life.

I talked to a buddy that was on a small area lake and he said he had between 3-7 inches. I would not want to find three with my wheeler and all of this snow.

I am 3/4 fisherman and 1/4 sledhead so I guess sleds will have to be the deal for a while.

I agree Hitman this snow we did not need. It's not worth them 10 inchers grin.gif. I guess ill just have to make deer sausage this weekend instead.

This last batch of snow definately did not help at all. We were out Saturday when the snow started falling with 9 inches of ice, so there wasn't much of a thought on using the wheeler. Now I don't think I would go there with the wheeler. Safety first, but I won't be ice fishing for the next couple weeks so I don't have worry about it. Be safe, and keep your wits.