• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has W/E snow effected Ice on the lake

Just wondering if guys have ventured out after all this snow and how does the lakes looks after all this snow on top.......did it made it worse or lake Ice is still in good shape?

Any info wouldbe appreciated...Thnx.

J.

I was out pheasant hunting on a big slough on Sunday and the weight of the snow was forcing water onto the ice, in a couple of spots I walked thru 2-3 inches of slush on top of the ice. Kind of a bung hole tightener!!!

I was on long last friday, then again last night.

friday 4"-5" monday 6"-7" even under snow.

wheeler will be out with me next time. pulling big potable through drifts NOT FUN.

Went to Wagonga last night. Fished on 8" of ice, and wasn't too worried about going swimming.

All I have to say about pulling the portable through the drifts is "Amen, brother!" Fortunately, the snow was pretty well frozen on top.