• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rosco_B

Ice conditions around Lake park

Rosco_B

Has anyone been out or heard of how much ice there is around Lake Park? I am looking to head to Big C or Leif Lake on Sunday just to get out of the house. But I have a feeling all of this snow is going to really mess up our ice.

ivegottabite

I am guessing that Lief would be better than Big C. Sounded like Big C was still open a few days ago.

Todd_J

Any updated info on the Lake park area ice conditions?

Thanks

Dahitman44

Rosco P Coaltrain --

You had better plan on Lief. Big C is way behind. I am there are spots you can try, but what about the spots you can't see? No Lief would be better.

No fishing on Boyer yet either. We will see if somebody goes out there this weekend. Nothing going on Silver either.

Not the best Lake Park report. I am sure Labelle would be fine.

BTW -- a Buddy told me that he was out with his wheeler on Saturday on Lief and he found a lot of variable depths. So be careful!!!

surfMN1510

Out on Boyer on Wed. Ice was a good 5-8 depending on the area...snow made it difficult for travel though, went anywhere from ankle high to just above my knees. Slow day of fishing but the ice is good for it!

Fish Fry Guy

I grew up in Lake Park, just curious on LaBelle? Is this lake still hitting for walleyes?

Dahitman44

Labelle is very hit and miss. Nice pan fish but they tend to bite late in the evening and after dark.

The eyes are very slow. But when you get one it is nice..

surfMN1510

Thanks for the info on Labelle, thinking about heading there this week...never fished it, but we will see what it has to offer.

Dahitman44

Surf --

Good look and let us know how you do.

Hit

Todd_J

Went out on Boyer on Sunday and it was BRUTAL all around. Incredibly cold and poor fishing (4 small perch between the two of us). Ice depth was about 7 inches 100 feet from shore, with some thinner areas here and there. Be Careful. Slush on top of the ice made for a sodden and hard-going hike.

Good luck to the fellas that tried to pull a 8x10 permanent house across the lake with snowmobiles.

Thanks to Dahitman for the Labelle info. Keep on!

Dahitman44

Todd --

I will try and talk to some people about Labelle -- the buddy that usually fishes there is not there yet, but I will keep my ears open.