• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

22 point buck. Filmore County??

The Yeti

Anyone else hear about a 22 pointer, possible new state record, shot in filmore county this year?

Interesting because I live in the county north of filmore and have heard nothing of this. Keep us posted if you hear anything.

I have heard of this deer. I know the guy who shot it. It was shot outside of Spring Valley. I have not seen the deer but I know that it was an 18 pointer. Eleven on one side and seven on the other. I will try to get some pictures.

I live in Fillmore County, and I got pictures of the deer emailed to me from a buddy, sorry guys, but I don't know if they guy wants them posted, so I don't feel comfortable putting them up.

But just to burst your bubble, it's nowhere near a record, it is huge, it's a 180+ non typical, but nowhere close to a record.

It's possible that we are talking about 2 different bucks, but I highly doubt it.

Actually, I just found a link to the pictures online, but I don't think this site allows me to post it, it's on Magnum sports website under kill zone 2007, page 5, middle bottom picture

Darn nice buck, but not a record. I did see this deer, but when I herd a possible record I didn't think this was the one you were talking about.

I agree, great buck but not even close to the MN state record (I think the Breen buck). Anyone else think that picture looks altered or is it just me?

Yeah, it does look altered. However, it could have been taken with a bad digital camera. Looks like the deer was cut in there. When fishing last year we caught some crappies and I took a picture with my bad digital camera and everything looked like it was pasted in there. Anywho, reguardless, very nice deer!!!

Guys, I think its just you. smile.gif The pic doesn't look altered at all. Pretty authentic right up to the blood on the sleeve and pants of the hunter. Not to mention the long grass in front of and falling on the deers legs, that would take a master at at photo shop to try and alter and get lined up to look authentic. Just another nice Minnesota buck.

I swear that if the picture doesn't come firt hand from someone on this sight, its called a fake. When I shot my buck this year, the guys I tracked it with did a photo shoot, they have made numerous 130-140 class bucks look much bigger than they really are. I found out that setting up a buck for good pictures to make it look huge is very common. We've come a long way from pics of deer on the old meat pole, but when outdoor publications offer great prizes for awesome pictures, it's not suprising. These guys will shoot the deer, gut it, hang it, then move it to a scenic location for pics. Its kind of an art. We dragged my deer from the woods to the field before field dressing so we could get better pictures. Unfortunately he had a real busted up nose that we couldn't get cleaned which would take me out of any winning pic circles. Still a great buck though.

deerwebpic2.jpg

deerwebpic1.jpg

Not altered at all, just set up right.

Thats a fake. grin.gif

Seriously though it gets tiresome when every picture posted is called a fake, photoshoped or altered.

I agree, its like nobody wants to believe that a big buck got shot. The heck of it is, even if it was cleaned up with photoshop or "cut in". its still a dead dear somewhere. Still, my post was half in jest.

I did not intend to give the impression that the deer was not legit, the picture just looks odd to me. I have no doubt the deer is real. Great buck whatever the case!

Jlm, the reply wasn't so much directed at you as the rest of this forum community. Anyone who has read other threads with big deer are always saying that the pic is a fake or altered in some way. Its actually kind of funny but it can get old.

grin.gifWhat did you think we'd take altered to mean?

You are right, I guess "altered" could be interpreted the wrong way. Actually, it looks like the pic has been lightened up or something. Again, whatever the case, nice deer!