• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Haulin' a shack over Pine

Couple questions for everybody... I have a 14 x 6 1/2 retractable wheel house. I'm headed up to LOW on the 19th (out of Adrian's.) I'm one of those guys who doesn't drive my truck/house out until it's really safe because...well...I like my truck and shack. I'm guessing we won't have a solid 18-20 inches of ice by the 19th. How difficult is it to pull a shack out like this with a 4 wheeler? I've never done it before. Also, is this too difficult to drive over Pine island with? I know sometimes you bottom out with a truck in certain areas.

Worst case scenario I'd keep the shack by shore and fish portables during the day.

Thanks in advance for suggestions/answers.

You should be able to pull the wheel house out with an ATV.

SHOULD.

It would be good thinking to bring portables.

The condition or existance of Adrians Road at that time

is not guarenteed. There will be some kind of trail that

should do the job. The things that tear up these trails

on early ice are lots of snow and big heavy wheel fish

houses.

Kais: I also have a wheel house and mine is 16' long. I have no problems pulling mine, unless it is glare ice. If you have a set of chains, take them. The roads are fine, it's just if there is a couple of inches of crusted snow, it's kind of hard to get started somwetimes. The trip over Pine is fairly good. Sometimes the loose sand and the ruts are a little tricky. There is always someone around to get out of their truck to give you a little nudge to get you going. All in all you won't have any problem. I just pointed out the worst cases.. Have fun!! I can't get up until second week in January frown.gif Kaz

I have a 7 1/2 by 18 foot fishhouse and it pulls fine over pine island. I do suggest a solid rear axle four weeler though. Otherwise you will be rubbing your rear wheels on your weeler against the fenders if your shack is fairly heavy. Good Luck Fishing