• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bad Medicine but no Jon Bon Jovi

I have fished Bad Medicine during summer for the Rainbows and have had a great deal of fun catching them. Any hints or tips on catchin eyes through the ice? Clear, cold and deep water, where does a guy start?

Ive had luck with them on ice in about 20-25’ of water, I think it was more luck than skill that I caught them though. Find rock on bottom of course, and like any trout fish structures, they like cover. I like bad medicine lake…do you know how it got its name?

Thanks for the updates. Can you be more specific with technique? Dead stick or Jiggin? Size of bait? Type? A preferred color? Any tips like this is what I am looking for. I have heard that water that clear can be a real issue for getting eye's to bite. Does that lake usually have good ice during December?

Missed out on Bon Jovi as well. They opened up some terrible seats later in the day but I want to see them too --