• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

More Ice Reports - W/NW Metro!

iFishMN.YT

We all love the ice reports, I am going to get out this weekend somewhere, but I will be staying shallow!

Anybody seen any ice on small W/NW metro lakes? I am wondering about Sarah(long shot), Rebecca, Martha, or Charlette(sp?). This is at least the area I am hoping to find decent ice, if anyone has been by these lakes lately please do tell, otherwise I will be driving by some tomorrow and will post.

Anybody have any exprerience to share about Rebecca? It doesnt really get fished much in the winter, but its a nice small lake and I have had some success in very shallow water for a couple nice sized perch and some gills, better than sittin at home!

Sarah is quite open today, I drove by it at about 1:00PM. Most of the sloughs around the area are frozen, but I didn't see anybody out fishing today. I didn't get too far off the beaten path though.

I drove around the last couple of days. Yesterday saw open water on Eagle and Pike lakes in Maple Grove. Today, I drove by Medicine and the claw and main lake is open water as is most of Parkers and Grays Bay was about 1/2 iced over. Bass lake in Plymouth was about 50% iced over. I will probably hit the show and wait till next week. With snow expected on Saturday, it will be too hard to distinguish good from bad ice unless you want to poke holes every couple of feet. It's still November and we should have better ice by next weekend if the wind lets up.