• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Maybe in 1982! crazy.gif At one time Foster Arends was privately owned and stocked w/ walleyes and what not, but I haven't heard of anyone catching a walleye in the last 10yrs or so. I have put a good amount of time on that body of water and the only species I have caught or heard of being caught are trout(up to 10-12lbs I've heard, and pretty much the only reason anyone goes there), sunfish(be unusual to catch one over 8"), crappies (be unusual to catch one over 9"), largemouth (gentleman caught one ~6lbs a couple of years ago), and the occasional sucker. No walleye anymore, no cats, no bullies. They just need to update the DNR page.

That lake does need a survey pretty bad!

I was down there 3 years ago and saw a kid catch a channel cat of the pier.

Walleyes and most channels are probably gone since there isn't much for spawning habitat.

Brookies and Brown trout are occasionally caught, but rainbows are the mainstay.

Foster has tons of dink sunfish, and also has a good population of small crappies. Keeper size panfish are very rare, but possible. There are also some carp and suckers in there.

There is a fair amount of largemouth bass in there as well and I'm sure there are some decent ones, but small for the most part.

A few more browns may be caught this winter.

May want to make sure you're using at least 4lb test though... wink.gif

I know that this may seem crazy, but I personally saw a huge pike swim by the fishing pier one time, had to be 40+ inches. There were about 6 of us fishing and we all threw stuff at it to try to catch it, but it never bite on anything, probably why it is so big, eating plenty and never being caught.

that does seem crazy. . . enough to throw a tipup out there with a sucker minnow. I would think that would have a good chance at winning "big fish" during the UPL cool.gif

Shawn that's not a bad technique anyway out there. I pretty regularly see guys fishing with 5-6" sucker or creek chubs out their looking to hook up with a big brown! Could you imagine if they hooked into a 40+ inch pike???