• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

N metro ice report

Anyone been out or seen anyone out on Long, Johanna, Turtle, Josephine, etc. Drove by Long & Johanna yesterday but it didn't look like anyone has ventured out yet. Really would like to get out around home this weekend but just don't want to be the first...

same here Ebiz... See ing no other tracks just kind of spooks ya! i may try to get out on turtle a little ways this weekend... if that ice isnt good enough i am just going to go to peltier i think cause there are plenty of people going out there..

Good Luck This Weekend!

Ryan

On Thursday I walked out about 30 feet from the beach on Long Lake. I was poking the ice ahead of me with a spud bar. When the spud went right through on one of my jabs I turned around and headed for shore. Scary.

On the other hand, the ice on the north end of Long Lake is over 5 inches thick. If you know where to catch um, go for it.