• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shed Hunting

DeanoB

haha yah i like fishing as well... id enjoy it a whole lot more if i had one of those things they call BOATS!!!! ur right though, i do have a little bit of an obsession with picking up antlers. ok a lot of one!! I should get a few more fish on the wall though, only have one... Kinda becomes unnoticeable with all the sheds I have on display.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shedfreak

• jkcmj

• bowhunters

• ChompChomp_YANK

that is an awesome find! i would have never thought that an antler could do that!

My little brother(23) calls me last week when he was out on my parents property because he wants to put in a small food plot... tells me he found the big buck that we scouted the past two years and have seen days before opener. It either got hit by a car or someone shot him this past season and it died out in the CRP 100 yds or so out into the field. Anyways it was just skelton up until the front shoulders and the rest was left untouched still had skin and fur on it but after having it scored this past week it grossed 180 5/8 net 174 3/8. Gonna do a European mount of him and hang it in the cabin. Man I wish I could have put an arrow in that monster.. Have pictures but don't know how to post them.

email me the pics rcook, ill post them for you, id really love to see that animal... what a shame.. atleast YOU have him and not the idiot driver!!

went up to northern MN last weekend to moose country. we picked up 31 antlers... 20 plus were moose. It was an awesome new exerience.... too many pictures to copy and paste... 36 of them... i made a simple little page that holds all of them. The address is : www.freewebs.com/shedfreak32/ let me know what you think!!!!

Looks like some great finds!! Looks like there were some really nice deer antlers in there. Nice moose as well! Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what a find!

I finally got one the other day while picking morels. 5pt side. Funny how you put all that time into looking for them then just stumble aimlessly upon one while looking for mushrooms.

Very good color on that one for this time of year! Did u look around for the match? Were you actually out looking for sheds, when you found it?? The ticks have been pretty bad my last few times out.... i MIGHT call it a year. Although ill be out in JULY and AUGUST.. The only two months of the year that I havent picked up a shed yet... Seeing that shed makes me wanna get out walking right NOW!!!

I haven't had a chance to get back and look for a match. I'm always looking for sheds, but stumbled onto this one! Walked right by it on the way in, but spotted it on the way out.

To all Duluth Shed Hunters.

Just got signed on. I am a shedhunter from Two Harbors. My primary area is the northshore and inland NE into moose country. In the past I have picked a few nice halves across from the Holiday station (rice lake intersection) off the arrowhead road in Duluth. I don't shed hunt in the Duluth area anymore. I was curious if anybody has sheds from that area from 2002-2005. I have some nice pics from this spring, but can't seem to attach them to this forum??

hey shed antler guy.

If your still having trouble. Email me your pics and ill post them for you. Id love to see them. I do 99% of my shedding in duluth. Although this year i did venture up into moose country as well. Id love to see some of your duluth sheds.. We probably have some off the same bucks!! [email protected]

Look fwd to hearing from you!!

FYI

Hello Folks:

I'm inviting you all the our annual "end of the year shed antler get-together". It'll be on Sunday, June 22 at the rest stop just north of Harris on I35:

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/restareas/locations/rasitepages/goosecreek/goosecreek.html#center

Bring all your best finds from the past shed hunting season. There's a couple grills there that we'll fire up and will be available to cook on. Bring whatever you like to grill as well as any beverages/snacks you care to enjoy. There's a shelter there that we hope to get and there's also bathrooms with running water. I'm thinking 2pm is a good time, but I hope to be there a bit early to make sure we've secured the shelter. This is the same place we had it last year. Feel free to spread the word and bring all your shed hunting friends.

Just a reminder, this rest stop is set up to service northbound traffic, so if you're coming from the north you'll have to take the next exit and double back. (Harris exit 154)

Looking forward to visiting with you all,

Mike Lindquist

Minnesota Bucks

http://www.minnesotabucks.com

Hey Mike...

Im keeping it open, i have to run it by the wife, but id love to make it. Arent you the one who just emailed me those pics from 2 harbors area?? I thought that was chris potter, anyways, im confused. lol Maybe ill see ya on sunday at 2

Im posting those pics as we speak

159 4/8" for the 2 year old set and 156 6/8" for the fresh set my wife found. Both sets found this spring. These are off the same buck

These pics are being posted for shedantlerguy... I had heard about these sheds earlier from a buddy , but i finally got to see some ATLS!! Gotta love when they drop together like that!!

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I found some bone today. It looks to be broken off, so I'm not sure if it qualifies as a shed.

2671922066_b1ee918339_o.jpg

2671922170_53eba070cf_o.jpg

Sorry for not getting any ATL pics. I just couldn't believe it when I saw it laying right next to my feet. It blended in really well.