• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Line Strength vs. Lakers Through The Ice

<I caught my biggest laker through the ice to date last winter on 8# test gamma mono...I think it's one of the better laker mono lines out there and we have tried them all. I am also a big fan of super braids if it's possible (not -30) to be outside with it. Beware the laker bug as it's bite is painful..Next thing you know you have more laker rods than walleye rods and the guys at Thorne know you by name... grin.gif I would not go less than 8# test or you are asking for heartbreak..A walleye rod is possible but certainly not ideal..You will feel severely overmatched if you get a decent one on...The most used mono on spinning rods by our group is 10#..14# mono on the baitcasting setups..