• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Owasso This Weekend Here I Come!!!

JBMasterAngler

Has anyone ever caught anything on Little Lake Josephine? I've gone out there and popped some holes and marked something but I never caught anything.

---Zdaddy

is that the little pond across the street? i live on just to the east side of there. my kids and i have gone out there walking in the winter looking for shed antlers, there are a few really nice bucks in those cattails, but have never fished it. have seen guys out there but never really knew if there was anything in there or even how deep it is. was thinking of throwing a bunch of smaller gills and pike from josephine in there during the summer and waiting a few years to give it a shot.

have you ever tried Valentine by Bethel? i have fished it some and found that early there are some nice gills in there and a few pike. i think they get fished out pretty quickly and are replenished in the spring time.

Hey SF, I live on CHurchill just south of C2 and I frequent those woods around L. Lake Jo all the time on walks with my yellow dog and wife. I really want to see what is up with LL JO. The DNR says it's nice and deep. I'm gonna check that out some time this week. E-mail me we should hook up and fish these areas.

[email protected]

---Zdaddy

these guys, especially me that talk about nice fish on owasso are full of it. i would stick to the south metro lakes like tonka or in the north east, bald eagle or white bear. dont waste your time out there. stick to lakes where you catch decent fish. unless you have kids and need to catch potato thin crappies or cigar type eyes, its pointless to go out there. have even heard good things about indy already. have fished owasso all over because of the rumors and dont have anything to show for it but smiles on my kid's faces from catching dink sized fish and playing "who can bang the ice skimmer on the ice the loudest".

I went out to Little Josephine last year and we didn't catch anything. We found a couple of spots where it was around 20ft deep, but didn't mark anything. We only gave it a couple of hours before dark and then gave up. There was another group of 2-3 people out there with a portable that said they caught a couple of small sunnies and that was it. There were a couple of areas of the lake we didn't drill holes in, so maybe the fish were in those spots. Good luck if anyone goes out there and be safe.

nobody out there tonight. not on the south end or on the north. sooner or later, someone is going to have the cunones to give it a try. my guess is it starts on saturday.

the responses i see on this site crack me up. just a note, about 50 yards out, center cut of the beach was one of the last open places on the lake that i could see. i will drive by there saturday morning. who cares if you catch anything, time on the ice is priceless.

if i dont head up north on saturday i may have to join you guys... otherwise i should be out sunday... ice could be a little iffy though. i was on a little pond nearby which is small but deep(20feet) and there was 4" max on that lake more like 3-4 i would say... Hopefully there will be enough but definately bring piks and an ice chisel to check on you way out...

Later,

Ryan

I figured it would be good,but thanks,I'll check it out CAREFULLY first. Havent been past there in the daylight yet,so its hard to see if anyones been out.

I drove by last night and saw some folks coming off at dusk, straight out from the launch, but they weren't too far out. I'm looking forward to fishing this lake this winter since I live 2 blocks away smile.gif My grandma lives on Wabasso, I tried it out this summer, without much luck. Gonna also hit it this winter.

Anyhow glad to be on ice this winter, as compared to the sand of arizona...

Whats the report, any fish? I catch good sized eyes early spring , but never fished it frozen.

Fished it pretty hard this afternoon, it was a struggle to even mark fish. Granted we fished the small hole off the boat landing (as it was the only good ice), but it was a lot of work for few bites and fewer fish.

Anyone else have any luck?

measured 7" off the landing. didnt check other places on the lake, but it should be all safe for walking by next weekend. i cant imagine any thin spots after two weeks of these over night temperatures. maybe the slush would be frozen by then too.

I drove by there yesterday and there were a few people out there, anyone from here out there?? Any luck??? People were out from the boat launch.

ditto on the 7" of ice. me and my buddy fished 5 hrs and iced 3 fish - two papermouths and one eye. the going was tough and we moved quite a bit to find the fish.

Be careful, there wasn't a lot of ice under a few of the slushy spots. Only 4-5 inches on top the deepest part of the hole out from the boat launch.

just came off the lake an hour ago me and a buddy no bites tried deep, shallow all around the hole out front of the access couldnt beleive i had no bites the ice is scary with alot of water/slush on top of it with a blanket of snow insulating it i would becareful ventureing out on the lake good luck