• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

No new comments on the Vikings?

Hammer Handle

Taylor is doing a great job without Peterson. Keep Peterson out another week? I am sure glad we have Taylor.

Can they make the playoffs?

If they do, is Chile's job safe? Is it safe now? Have to admit, the team is doing better than I thought with no QB or receivers.

It was a fun game to watch, thats for sure. The defense won the game for them, they will not get that lucky every week.

Playoffs? No way, but atleast they are in contention, kinda. If they beat the lions, then, I will get excited about them, just enough so they can loose the next couple to make us non believers again.

I will watch the rest of their games, win or loose. Peterson should be back, to make the games fun to watch.

Go Vikings!

Was a great game to watch go vikes

D looked great

Offense not bad

I would still get rid of Mr Childy

my pennies

If by miracle they got to playoffs it would be an embarassing 1 and out. Manning gift wrapped that game to us. D was good-offense and T-Jack a c+. Remember, they had their best RB out, too. I still don't think Chili is the answer here, IMO.

Granted I'm a Packer fan, but I will give my .02 worth. I think the Vikings have a pretty favorable schedule from here on out. Here is what they have:

v. Detroit - a team that has lost 3 games in a row. I can't see them coming into Metrodome and winning

@ SF - Definately a winnable game, but on the other hand it was a winnable game last year and they managed to lose out West last year also

v. Chicago- MN showed they can run on the Bears and that was in Chicago. No reason why they can't beat them again in the Dome

v. Washington- another avg. NFC team, playing at home I think gives them the edge here.

@ Denver - to me the only "obvious" loss on the schedule. Denver most likely will be playing for the AFC West title and possibly a playoff berth.

So I don't think 9-7 is out of the realm of possiblity here. The only bad thing right now is they are 3-5 in conference and will probably end up losing out on tie breakers. They cannot afford a loss to an NFC opponent from here on out. With the way the Giants and Detroit are playing right now I think the wild card spots could be up for grabs. You never know what can happen.

Did anyone catch the comments on TV about how the Vikes were tipping the play (run or pass) by how far back Chester was lining up? A guy called into KFAN this morning and said he called all but 1 play correctly after that.

Could Chilly not pick up on this? My 1st thought is that the Vikes could be setting up Detroit because they would see this on game film and then the Vikes could hit them big with Play Action but I could be giving him too much credit.

Adrian should rest at least another week...why rush him? NO way even with the schedule do they make the playoffs and Childress will be back but in my opinion they should have let him go at the end of last year and signed Tomlin!!

I'm a huge Vikes fan and watch them (however painfull) win or loose. I will say this about the game, the sun will shine on even a dog's rear end from time to time. I doubt the make the playoffs. I would hope they would rest AP another game. Smart thing to do.

I too watch the Vikes, win or lose, however painful it might be. The hard part is listening to people start talking playoffs. They are playing better, but they have a long way to go to be considered a playoff team. I think the should give AP one more week off and keep evaluating the talent they have. Also give T-Jack more and more opportunities to either prove is can do it, or that we need someone else. But no matter what happens, GO VIKES. grin.gif

Denver a "sure loss"-- come on. They choked agst the bears and Grossman. They gave up last year. IF the Vikes make it to the last game in contention, they will beat the hapless Broncos-- and likely get beat in the first round,, but who knows-- I remember a playoff game in GB a couple years ago...

Playoffs??? Playoffs??? Win one game and all the sudden things go from "You guys suck" to Playoffs???? Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.

Run defense looked good. Pass defense still has many weaknesses. Manning handed the game over to the Vikes. T-jack is bad. Chile needs to go. Peterson should play only if he's healthy. Really healthy not just saying he's healthy so he can get a rookie record.

The cheerleaders are pretty darn easy on the eyes, however!!

Really playoffs!! wow !! I have been a fan forever and this is almost one of the worst teams the vikings have put on the feild in years, the money for baldy is foolish when tice did a better job, where has The owner been other than the giants game ???? I think I feel better now oops no I don't. my .02 cents

I don't think playoff talk is that CRAZY. Honestly the NFC and the NFL in general are really diluted with mediocre talent. But the NFC is really bad, thats PARITY at its best. How can the Vikes stomp 3 different kinds of dog crap out of San diego one week, and the next week SD beats theh reigning NFL Champions. Now if people want to start talking deep playoff run. Then they are crazy.

In Summary, yes the Vikes suck, but so does everyone else. It just takes a few good/lucky plays, or a favorable call from the REFS and boom playoffs.

Totally agree TNFL. Look at the teams in contention for the WC. Lions??, (loss 3 in a row) , Giants,, enough said. The Vikes are in the hunt as long as they don't turn the ball over and their pass def plays avg. MCcauley is getting better, and I think we get Winfield back this week.

Vikes have a very nice schedule, as long as they come to play. THe Bears game and Lions this Sunday are the must games.

Quote:

Taylor is doing a great job without Peterson. Keep Peterson out another week? I am sure glad we have Taylor.

Can they make the playoffs?

Vikings coach's job is safe regardless if they make the playoffs or not..He will be back next season...

If they do, is Chile's job safe? Is it safe now? Have to admit, the team is doing better than I thought with no QB or receivers.