• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Weekend Ice

With the weather that we have been having not including today (11-25) it looks like things are going to lock up pretty good. Hopefully the snowstorm coming from the west on wednesday, im going to try to get out on saturday morning. Call me a (Contact Us Please) but my favorite first ice place will have people on it. Coon Lake channel here I cool.gifcome. cool.gif

i wanted to get out here in the metro spearing this weekend for the opener, but i dont think thats going to happen being taht we dont have any ice here in the metro lakes.

If the current forecast holds true, we will probably have ice on most smaller lakes in the Metro by this weekend. Will more people fall through the ice this weekend? Probably. Not me though, I have to go the Wisconsin to pick up a portable ice house that I bought on Ebay...

2 small lakes in Robbinsdale held their ice through the heat wave. I expect there to be 4 inches by Friday.

i was happy about ice till last night when i saw on channel 9 news that the anoka county sheriff boat went though the channel on coon while people were ice fishing on 2 inches of ice. 1. what the heck was going on out there? 2. will it lock back up by saturday? Might have to wait till next week.

with this change in weather im thinking yes. hopfully the winds die down some at night. THE ICE MACHINE HAS BEEN TURNED ON crazy.gifgrin.gif

Let me guess it's an Eskimo Quickfish III from Cumberland, WI grin.gif Been there done that! I love my quickfish III

Quote:

Let me guess it's an Eskimo Quickfish III from Cumberland, WI
grin.gif
Been there done that! I love my quickfish III

Nope I already have a Quickfish III. I got a Quickflip 2 from Cumberland for 90 bucks! So I'll use my Quickfish III when I don't plan to move as much and the Quickflip for runnin' and gunnin'...looking at the temps and the forecast, I may be doing some of that next week!

Hey Carp,

Wow that's a great deal. Good luck. You ever fish in the Chan area like Lotus or Susan? I am usually on Tonka, Waconia, or Christmas. Maybe I will see you on the ice some time.

Quote:

Hey Carp,

Wow that's a great deal. Good luck. You ever fish in the Chan area like Lotus or Susan? I am usually on Tonka, Waconia, or Christmas. Maybe I will see you on the ice some time.

Yeah I've fished the area lakes. Shoot me an email; I'm always looking for new fishing buddies.

[email protected]