• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Kylersk

So, how's the ice going?

Kylersk

I noticed the other day that a couple of the smaller lakes and ponds froze over. Looks like some bays on Minnetonka are froze. Any word on Waconia and some of the other larger lakes?

UncleKes

I see uin the Mcgregor/Aitkin formum a couple of guys were out yesterday. They checked 3 lakes and eventually pushed a jon boat out and caught some crappies. They said all 3 lakes had about 2 inches of ice on them. I don't know of any lakes near Fridley that have ice cover yet, but it won't be long, I expect. They say next Tuesday the temps are supposed to fall into the teens??? I should think by next weekend we will start to see ice cover on some of the smaller lakes around the Twin Cities. My guess is that in about 10 days you might have around 5 or 6 inches. Then it will be perch time for your OLD UNCLE KES! Man I can taste those yelow boys even as I write this!!! See you on the ice!

Sergeant Slabber

Minnewashta bays are locking up, and Stieger looks to be just about complete. I can't wait!!

Maximum12

My favorite little lake was locked up when I stopped by last night - the geese seem to have found someplace else to play this fall! I'm hoping for next weekend with the temps that are forecast, but I'm not one for the early-early ice - I like to follow someone's tracks first. grin.gif

iFishMN.us

I will be out this weekend for sure, but will probably play it safe and stick to 4fow or less unless the ice is looking real good. I tried to get out last weekend and failed, I just cant wait anymore!

I know most of us know what we are doing out there, but stay safe, its going to be thin and you never really know where that weak spot of 1" ice is.

HugoBox

The north end of Bald Eagle was mostly frozen today. Its already froze over and broken up and refrozen a couple times so I'm thinking that a calm night and single digits will totally lock it up.

The water temp this weekend was down to under 34F.

lotsofish

I walked out on one of those DNR fishing piers this afternoon on a small lake (50 acres) near my house that I don't think anyone ever uses. I didn't have anything to test it with, but just guessing by looking at the bubbles and a couple leaves in the ice, I'd say it was a max of 2 inches, but not very consistent. I didn't try walking on it yet, but at least I got "on" the ice. tongue.gif

I doubt there is going to be any other lakes in the area that have more ice. There's only about 2 feet of water where I checked and it's a very small lake. The forecast looks good, but I think unless you're a daredevil, us in the metro are going to have to wait a little longer than this weekend or go up north a ways.

Glockwinger

Waconia was open on my way home from work, but my neighbor looked at Turd's bay and said it is icing over. Didn't check the thickness. I am hoping to be out on smaller lakes by next weekend. (I like at least 4" of ice before I walk out!)

Carp-fisher

Fish Lake in Maple Grove looked 99% open as far as I could see (from Weaver Lake Road). One of my favorite metro panfish hotspots is completely locked up, however. I'm guessing the smaller lakes that are locked up now will have walkable ice very soon. Good luck on the lakes that are open. I might have to buy some wax worms for this weekend.... crazy.gif

Scott M

Medicine was open in the middle. My wishing and hoping isn't working fast enough. We had fall turnover a few weeks late and it takes a lot of time to cool that water to freezing too, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that the lakes are making it through these cold nights. They won't last too much longer. The wind isn't helping them lock up either.

There is a little 35 acre lake I'm interested in but would never post its name on this website. Might go out there if all my chores are done.

Kylersk

Drove by Waconia today and from what I could see, it was froze over. This is from the county road 92.

fshnut

I checked out BUFFALO yesterday Nov. 28th). Nothing very good yet. Lots of open water, in patches. Some frozen over with open patches and then more frozen etc.

IT will be dangerous for a while as there will be GOOD ice and BAD ice all in the same area.

I'm hoping to get out there again Friday or Sat.

Will report again then.

Glockwinger

Drove down to where the fishing pier is usually located near Turd's bay and as far as I could see Waconia looked iced over. I checked on Reitz and it is still wide open. Must be a spring? Should be fishing on Waconia by next weekend.

bgreen82

anyone know how the smaller lakes in woodbury are doing? powers and battle creek in particular?