• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How much ice is on the lakes?

I dorve by it this afternoon. It had ice, some of which looked jagged and slabby. I also could see some open water in the center, just east of north and south points.

Clitherall had iced up, with pockets of open water well off shore.

Yeah, I drove by west battle this afternoon also. Glassed it quickly and it was steaming in the middle. Definite open areas. The ice in front of the shoreline area looks nasty. Very jagged from all the wind.

Just came off Little Pine from fishing, it had five inches of good solid ice,was a little less along shoreline where there was a crust of snow but plenty to walk on pulling a portable.Oh ya,first walleye 21",great way to start the season.Got a photo and let her swim.

WingNut - which side were you fishing on, and how far out were you able to go? (I'm not looking for any specific spots, just the general area as I'm wondering if where I would go out is ready).

jwhjr-Was on the north shore.Looking at moving a wheel house out today.I see houses out 400 yards on west side.Hope that helps ya. Good Luck