• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ICE REPORT 2007-2008

lets keep em here for our area!!! saw that marion was covered yesterday afternoon, won't last but still exciting to see!!

ya its getting close to that time of year. i hope we start to get ice day in and day out. Have to get out there for spearing.

I heard that swan was froze over and so was jennie? Any word on that.

Are any local lakes completley iced over?? If the skim ice that was on them has stayed on til now, I would think we will be fishing this weekend!! Any ice reports??? Allie, marion, preston, etc.

Marion had ice last Friday but also had some water here and there. That was before the wind and the 45+ degree temps, so you can figure it out from there. frown.gif

2 3/4" on Washington shores. Only went about 50 yards out. I need to learn to take my dock out in October cuz man that was brutal. Kept a couple chunks of ice for the freezer so I can prove how stupid I was grin.gif

Without even looking, I can almost guarentee that MB is still open. Usually the last one to go. It was too dark last night to notice Stella last night, but I assume the middle is wide open over the 70 foot hole.

Checked out Marion, Allie and Preston late this afternoon. Found pockets of open water on each lake. The few spots I checked near the shorelines seemed to have a very solid 1-2 inches. They are talking extremely windy tomorrow which is not good at all. If you find a lake that is completley iced over as of today you will be on the ice this weekend(let me know laugh.gif) I cant wait too much longer!

ya that wind is not going to help at all. I would be pressed to believe that we wont have 2-3 inches by saturday morning?

What everyone else think?

Mid teens and somewhat calm last night. Sounds like real windy starting around dinner time today? Hopefully everything is locked tight! I am planning on going this weekend...somewhere?

It was blowing pretty good last night up until midnight and it's going to blow even worse today. Might be tight to get out there this weekend yet.

its getting there. I think we are going to have close to 2-3 inches on the lake by this weekend.

What does everyone else think?

Where are all these guys fishing?? I was to marion allie and preston on tuesday afternoon and all had alot of open spots yet. Maybe willie, greenleaf?? erie? Jennie?

ps.. Clear Lake by my home here has around 5 inches of clear solid ice. With some scattered open areas as well.

I don't think that any lakes around here are completely covered with 3-4" (besides maybe Addie) there are spots on lakes that have that 3-4 but this wind is really causing havoc. Now east wind for tomorrow after the Northwesterly for the past few days.....this just isn't going the way I would like to see it wink.gif

GOVERNOR, What are you doing out on lake Addie? I knew you had a secret spot you must be fishing behind the island so I can't see your house.

I dont really know where people would be fishing. Just got back from a cruise and found open water on Preston, Allie, Willie, Greenleaf, Belle, and Marion. Maybe further north people are fishing?. Me and a buddy are planning on going to a lake in the Willmar area tomorrow......maybe

I am looking at a lake in willmar right now and there are the same crappy spots around here as well. I don't know what the deal is this year if the water is circulating enough under the ice from the wind conditions and that is what is making these "streams" between the ice chuncks.......I know we don't need 6-12" of snow to compound the problem.

I took a quick drive as well and I think if anyone is out soon, it'll be on smaller and shallow lakes if that. Belle has open water and a couple others don't look very good yet at all. With the big snow coming tomorrow it'll be best to just hold off until maybe next weekend instead of getting wet.

Saw someone on the ice on Buffalo Lake (in Buffalo) surrounded by open water. What is he thinking? Is is all worth it for a couple of fish? Please be safe guys, I dont beleive there is any safe ice yet from what I have seen. Maybe some of these smaller 200 acre or so lakes. You probably wont see me out there this weekend, especially with the weather report of 6-9" of snow for saturday.

Was out checking ice on Marion today and were I was drilling there was 6" - 6 1/2" of ice. I didn't venture to far because lots of open water out there. There were 3 houses out there. The north end in front of the landing is open water. So be careful if you go out there.