• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fisherman For a Lifetime

Clear Lake is Froze Over Today!

Fisherman For a Lifetime

Clear Lake right next to I-35 in Forest Lake is frozen over today.

Keep bringing on the cold & we'll be out there soon...

grin.gif

LwnmwnMan2

Are you sure about that??? wink.gif

Loogie

It looks like it's about 60% froze over. I bet by mid week it's iced over.

Fisherman For a Lifetime

Yep - it "was" as far as I could see.

Went by today & the darn high wind opened 'er up. frown.gif

Scott M

Hmmmm. May be fishable by next weekend smile.gif

What's on my schedule cool.gif

Fisherman For a Lifetime

Suppose to be getting cold starting Tuesday, so maybe...

I may get out there too - the weekend is open for fishing for me...!

hookitguy2007

Is there any public access to Clear other than the public landing? Is there access near the point after the lake is frozen?

so haaad

Hookitguy, Ashbach Point is all private. There are three other access points to Clear Lake that are city-owned public property, but they are tough to find without knowing the area.

FYI- The area around Ashbach Point stayed ice-free for a long time last winter, so be cautious in this area during first ice.

hookitguy2007

Thanks for the info. Would a lake map have any of the other access points?

Whopper Stopper

Ice looked pretty thin tonight!

WS

Loogie

Clear is just about froze over now.

william wallace

I drove by Clear around 11:30am today and it was at least 70% open water and quite wavey so it is going to be a while before we are out there fishing on the ICE....

so haaad

Forest - Lake 1 was mostly frozen today at 1:30, which means that Clear Lake will freeze over as soon as the wind goes down.

Hookitguy, sorry but the lake maps do not show the other access points since they are not DNR launches.

Loogie

Back and forth. I wish that lake would make up it's mind!

hookitguy2007

My e-mail address is scottiew00@yahoo.com. Thanks for any info you can provide.

so haaad

It's been getting pretty cold at night, but the weekend is calling for snow. Hopefully we don't get too much.

Fisherman For a Lifetime

Hi so haaad,

Could you possibly send me the other access points?

I'll in turn give you some local or Big Winnie hot areas in return.

Thanks very much...

william wallace

Whats the latest ice report

william wallace

Anyone????

so haaad

It's been very quiet on both Clear and FL this week. I think a lot of people heard the report about the knucklehead snowbiler on Coon, and now with the snow we are getting people are respecting the thin ice a little bit more. I'll try to give a tape-measured report tomorrow.

lotsofish

Quote:

Anyone????

I've been wanting to get out there too, but I just don't know yet. According to the posts above, I guess it kept freezing and opening back up. I don't think it was completely frozen over for more than a day or two before it snowed and that was only 4 days ago. With the snow cover I'm sure ice production has slowed down quite a bit.

I'd be interested in finding out when it's possible to make it out to the weedline.

so haaad

Fisherman For a Lifetime,

Did you get my email?

Fisherman For a Lifetime

Hi So haaad,

Yes, I did receive it & replied back within a couple hours. Apparently you did not get it?

Let me know, I can resend...

Tim

so haaad

Hi Tim,

Just got your email. I guess my email service thought our talk about fishing was worthy of the "junk" folder. Fish talk should never be considered to be "junk"! smile.gif

Hope you found the info useful. Let me know if you need help finding them, and I can help you out...

Fisherman For a Lifetime

You are the 2nd one today (!) that had my e-mail in their junk folder - what the ... confused.gifmad.gif

I'm not too up on Flake & Clear, but I know the St. Croix real well if you need something for the spring & summer.

Try Big Winnie sometime - hit that spot & you could be rewarded...!

Good luck on Clear everyone!!