• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

muzzleloader this weekend

who's going out this weekend? we will have 3 in my group usally there is just my girlfriend with me but this year a buddy of mine got into it so it should be a fun time. i was able to get 8 days off work so i should have time to enjoy the the things in life that i enjoy to do, oh ya i'll be busy putting out bobcat sets this weekend also. good luck to all of you going out this weekend

Gotta skip it this year. We've got seven deer already and I can't stand to look at them anymore. Good luck.

I HAVE BEEN OUT HUNTING FOR 2 DAYS NOW AND SEEN VERY LITTLE DEER MOVEMENT, HAS ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM OR IS IT JUST ME THIS YEAR.

I folded and went out with some buddies and we saw some movement today. The three of us saw seven altogether and I was the only one with a shot. Unfortunetely they were standing in the brush and I was using my bow since I didn't get a muzzleloader tag. They both got busted by the ones they saw. On the other hand we were hunting fresh property that didn't get pounded over rifle season. My brother put 100 lbs of corn out by his stand over a week ago and hasn't got anything on the trail cam. He was getting at least 10 deer a day before rifle season so I'm guessing they got pushed out. BTW he's not hunting that stand anymore.

It was quite slow for my group of three. Only seen one deer for two days of hunting and thats for all three of us. A light dusting of snow covered the ground and that made finding fresh sign a little more difficult. Im not sure what to expect upcoming with the colder temps- hopefully that will get them moving a little more.

I would have preferred to just let my short reply to this post end but... Read this line again "My brother put 100 lbs of corn out by his stand over a week ago" And he did this by his stand because??? I would even speculate that the only reason that he quit hunting his bait pile is because he hasn't seen any deer on his trail cam. Even if he is not hunting there "anymore" feeding deer is just as illegal as baiting.

Ken

He did it because he had a big buck coming by before rifle season. He wanted to see if it survived the season. He is now hunting 10 miles from there and will not be hunting anywhere near that stand until next year. Feeding deer is not illegal, I don't know where you would get that idea. If it was the regs wouldn't say that you had to remove food at least ten days before hunting. Even if he wanted to put food out for no reason at all, why should it matter. I'd be more worried about people that are poaching and baiting than a sixteen year old kid just trying to get some deer pics.

If he saw a big buck why would he hunt ten miles away??

Why not just stay where he knows a big one is?? Also, I don't mind people feeding the deer in the winter to help them make it, but there are still people hunting in that area and it really makes it difficult when someone is baiting. Baiting wrecks the sport for many. I think sportsman should be smart enough to wait until after all deer hunting is over and be considerate to the people who are still hunting. Just my 2 cents