• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Jon....Big Bad Jon is Long Gone!

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Geno,

You won't have your favorite "fluke" to kick around anymore in the Windy. Big Jon Garland is traded to the Halos for Orlando Cabrerra. I like this deal a lot. Any takers for a fat shortstop that hits about .260 and strikes out a lot???

Windy

From what I read they just resigned Uribe. Talk is either moving Uribe to 2nd or a utility role or possibly making another trade to bring in some pitching.

You are correct sir! Word in the Windy is that the Hunter is already a done deal! They are fitting Tori in his Black and Silver right now. The skinny is that you will have a fully recovered Scott Posednik as the lead off with Cabrera as the #2 and Hunter will fit in nicely with the speed aspect. We hear they are looking at possibly trading Crede with Ozuna coming back and the might have Uribe and Ozuna at third. Richar may be the second basemen and they are looking at Jerry Owens as their 4th outfielder with speed. They may go into the meetings looking to shore up the bullpen and they are counting on their big three starters for 15 wins each Vasquez, Contreras and Buehrle. Gavin Floyd and John Danks will round out the starters. They may look for a veteran starter on the cheap and may want to add a left fielder but only if the deal is right. AJ will be back as will Dye, Konerko and Thome so things are looking pretty good on the south side of Chicago, they will look even better after Hunter's autograph is on the contract!

Just remember who told you first that the Pale Hose had their sites on Mr. Hunter! Your ole pale Windy!

Windy

Yep, I was right....F-L-U-K-E! And you have the nerve to make fun of Prior's salary?

"15 wins each"??? Stop it, you're killing me (ROTFLMAO)!

You sure do know things. It is all over the papers and the internet and radio. smirk.gif

You can have him for what your owner will overpay to get him. He is gonna take 5, but I am guessing Kenny gives him 6 years 90 mill. Another aging vet to add to your team. Thome, Dye, Hunter, Contreras, Pods and AJ. You guys will be in the tank in 2 years. I am not too worried.

Willy,

They might be in the tank in 2 years with another trophy on the mantle. It is great to hope for the future but when you are at or near the top you have to strike while the iron is hot. They tanked last year and Kenny is not going to let that happen again. Reload man, it's not my money he is spending! Look at all the years Georgie Porgie has put a playoff team in the hunt by overspending.

If it is your checkbook they are using then I could see getting all giddy over my teams low salaries but if it is OPM (other people's money) then I say buy now pay later! Look at the Twinks, by the time Liriano gets back and dominates the league you will have lost Hunter and Santana will be on the way out. You guys will be back to your 1 guaranteed win a week and then a crap shoot and still no ring on your finger! I say, Get the ring on the finger this year not in 5 years cause sometimes like Garth Brooks says...Tomorrow Never Comes!

Windy

Alright. But what I am saying is that Dye is done, Pods is done, Contreras is close to done and Thome will likely be hurt half the season. You still have plenty of holes.

What does your bullpen and the rest of your starters look like other than Buerhle and Vasquez? Neither of which I am sold on for next year.

The White Sox are turning into the Orioles of the Central. You have Detroit and Cleveland as the cream of the crop of the division with the White Sox trying to get up to their level, but just won't be able to make the climb. True they aren't compete with the Big Spenders of Boston and New York, but Detroit and Cleveland aren't going to sit back and do nothing. Unfortunately for the White Sox they're main competition isn't a team that is reserve and low budget when it comes to making moves to improve a ballclub such as the Twins anymore. I think they are trying to make the right moves, but as mentioned they have some aging veterans who are on the downside of their careers. Unfortunately, I think the window of opportunity has passed for the current White Sox group and the time right now belongs to the Tigers and Indians.

Quote:

Just remember who told you first that the Pale Hose had their sites on Mr. Hunter! Your ole pale Windy!

Windy

LOL....too bad so sad.

Honestly I wish you guys would have wasted 90 mil over 5 years on Hunter.

Thought Hunter was being fitted for his Suks uniform. Wrong. Oh and we do have 2 rings to you're 1. They might be a little cruddy looking, but we got them. Enough living in the past. You're suks still suck.

just goes to show you how much the media dont know. There was never any talks about him going to the Angels.

Right you are Bass,

The Halos came out of nowhere. I thought Tori wanted to stay near his hometown, funny how Texas gets a little closer to LA when you throw 90 million at the scenery! Move did take the Sox by surprise though they had capped their offer at 75 million over the 5 years. When it all comes down to it you can throw out all the BS and "follow the money". Stay near my home, right. Go to a contender, right. Just follow the money and the benjamins rule all. Enjoy those dollars in LA Tori.

Oh, and by the by my little grasshopper, the Pale Hose have three championships to your two, know your history before you start slinging attempted mud my little green friend!

Windy

Zamboni,

They count in Chicago's trophy case, just ask the Yankees if any of their 26 (?) trophies are any less desireable. Fact is we have 3 and you have 2, end of discussion.

Windy

Hey Geno,

I think the Cubbies snagged a championship right before they invented electricity! LOL

How was the Turkey Day? Mine was OK but the weekend got better after I picked up my new 56" Samsung DLP....Very Nice! (pardon my Borat there). Now I have to get the in ceiling speakers and sub woofer put in and crank about 770 watts thru the thing and she should be Smoking!

Windy