• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Snow flurries and Roosters

Well, me and the boys (my dogs) made the trek out for some roosters at about 9:15 this morning to hit a beautifull creek bottow with about 10 acres of good thick switch grass around it.

Managed to walk into the wind about 100 yards and first bird got up (hen), then walked another 15 feet and ole ringneck rooty got up and was distpatched. Took the boys about a minute to track him down, and we were back to walking.

Give it another 40 yards and the flurries started and right when we hit the pinch of a corner, 3 hens got up and then we heard the cackle and Mr. Longtail shot up from the grass, beautiful bird with a 25 inch tail and POOF just like that... 150 yards, 30 minutes and me and the boys were done. They looked at me like I was cheating them out of a treat when I turned and whistled to head back to the truck.

Great hunt, short day, now I guess it is off to the honey-do's for the day..... MAN I WANT ICE!!!!

Ditto for me today except it took until 9:40 a.m. and I had a miss of a bird thrown in. The dog was hunting like she was on crack. I thought at 7.5 years old she would slow down a little. Not even close. muc33 you should take that tailfeather to Brenda's that might be a winner! Nice bird.

Ok, this is weird. Dudes, When the flurries hit this morning we TOTALLY SMOKED the ringnecks!!!

It's almost 6 pm and I'm still giddy about the hunting this morning. I had some real good friends from out of town to visit today. I took them out and I should have had a video camera. Between the dogs going absolutely nutso and the roosters everywhere and the guys just bustin guts laughing. Man, what a hunt!!!