• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Im heading out tonight?

Snake River  King

Hi guys me and a buddy are heading out to the pond tonite and was woundering if I should fish the weeds, rock, or sand? Im going to be on the water about 4:00 pm and prolly fish till 12:00 am and I think just troll. So if you guys have eny advice to help out there that would be awsome laugh.gif thanks SRK

You may beat yourself over the head looking for weeds with color, so I would opt for the rocks or sand. With that being said, if you look in areas that traditionally hold weeds well into the season, start there and work from there. There should be a good rock bite taking shape any time, if not already, too.

Well what can I say frown.gif We broke I blade off the prop the lights didnt work. So we came in and broke a nother blade off the prop so I paddled in. Owell I will get walleyes when I can walk out there grin.gif

its tough fishing this time of year. the rewards are especially tempting, but its not as easy as you think, especially after dark.

glad you made it back in safely. sorry that ended your trip.

did you get any fish?

regards,

minnesotatuff

we were out for about a hour the motor didnt like to idle down in the cold water it kept on dieing on us, so we gave up and just went to the bar 4 some drinks

Missed your post. We went out of Terry's. It was tuff out there on the NW side. We called it at 11pm as the winds would not allow us to head to the rocks. Wind and subfreezing temps are a dangerous combination. Glad you guys made it back safe.

We fished this weekend last year up on the NW side and had great luck! I know we never trolled over 1mph, and we used HJ14s. A friend from California caught a 27 inch pig as his first ever walleye. I think I ruined him for life.