• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fighting Buck Picture

Homeland

That antler is growing out of that spot. Its not a busted off antler from fighting.

We had a thread going about this last week.

I was at first a deer fighting person, but if you look at the pic you inlarged, you can see a slight buldge coming down from top anter to eye socket. It looks like the abnormal antler growth came down between scull and skin and grew out eye socket (at easiest point). Another F.M.er pointed this out and it makes sense. Plus the orignal poster said the e-mail he had gotten said it grew out.

There are alot of if's, but after talking about it on here last week, I have change my mind from fighting to growth. Unless someone comes forward with first hand infomation other wise.

I guess velvet on abnormal antler growths are common all year and the blood on the end of growth,could be blood from deers mouth pooling on ground when it fell. Alot of odd growths I have found on internet now, from deer had a round/stump ending to them light this. Coupled with the velvet left over (hard for buck to rub off) and blood coming out his mouth and running down growth or pooling on ground, it looks very much like a ripped off antler from another buck.

Also I did never sat right to me, thinking a deer could lived and function with another bucks antler poking into his brain and being ripped around by another buck. Most likely this buck would have been dead after the first couple of minutes, if it was a blow and puncture to scull, with a tine holding antler in, while end tine bangs around.

I guess freak things happen. I just saw on T.V. e-room the other day, a guy with a big stainless steel knife stuck into side of his head and was talking to doctors and seemed fine. Just a little bloody. I also have seen x-rays of nails in construction workers heads and they lived threw it.

Seriously you cannot believe that antler grew out of his eye??? I have met the man that shot this deer and I can tell you this is a broken off antler from another deer. What remains at the base of the antler is part of the dead deers skull. Please put this arguement to rest . . .

I suppose this is an antler that broke off from a fight with a spiker too?

If you have seen it, where was it shot, who shot it, etc??

Give us some details.

PIC0011.jpg

Sorry, didn't mean to stir the pot or be a jerk. Anyway, it is an antler from another deer and that is the truth. I've got no reason to mislead anyone.

I have one question, If that is the base an antler from another deer, then where are the burs? I don't think i have ever seen a buck with that smooth of bases.

Quote:

Seriously you cannot believe that antler grew out of his eye??? I have met the man that shot this deer and I can tell you this is a broken off antler from another deer. What remains at the base of the antler is part of the dead deers skull. Please put this arguement to rest . . .

If you have met this man, then where does he live and where was the deer taken? Have you ever seen a drop tine before? Most all drops have the black velvet around the bottom of them because the deer can't rub it off. How do you explain a drop tine breaking off and then sticking in the deers eye? Wouldn't the other end be sticking in his eye and not the end that actually broke away from the rack? Think about it. Freak stuff does happen. Stop trying to stir the pot.

No way that's a fight. That's a growth antler wierd shaped droptine in the wrong spot. When it gets to the taxidermy man I bet there is no point stickin in the skull.