• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mallards??

HUNTFISH69

Was wondering if anyone has been having in luck in the St. Cloud area with mallards in the past week or so. I've been out a couple times and managed 1 drake the first day and 1 drake and 1 hen the next.

I've noticed the mallard numbers improving quite a bit in the last week or so. We're prime time right now! Actually, the later the better if you're in the fields. Wish we had a split so we could hunt 'em in Dec.

Save the hens!

out this morning saw maybe 50 total mallards.

Had Three flocks come in. Got 2 green heads and a hen. I had to wait cause it was early to see if there were green heads. 1 out of each flock. 4 shots. Wish they would have came later.

Saw a couple mergansers.

The mallards are not in town like they will be when the northern flight comes. Thats for sure. I hit it right 2 years ago.

Big storm front moved in and went out in 30+ NW wind and snow and had my limit of greenheads in 15 minutes.

Hope that happens next week

Good Luck

Was out this morning and it was pretty slow going yet. Ended up with just a pair of greenheads. Can't wait until those ponds and lakes freeze up though, better hurry up.

Had a good weekend gadwals and mallards ,never saw so many mallards wouldnt decoy worth a crap because there was aboat 500-1000 sitting in weeds just had to wait for pass shooting opertunities. all in all a good weekend, lots of shooting cant wait to get out again this week

Hunted by Cleveland today, the lake that had the wormy walleyes last winter, and saw ZERO mallards. Lots of divers out in the middle and we all know how easy it can be calling in the incoming groups of the large live bird rafts in the middle of the lake! mad.gif I am saving lots of money on shells though! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

There were a good number of mallards by becker but they all moved on. Then yesterday there were decent numbers by richmond.