• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is anyone still fishing on open water?

I'd imagine there are a few die hards still fishing open water... or does everyone have their boats stored for the winter? I'm hoping to get out in the boat over Thanksgiving, but the forecast isn't looking good.

RD --

I am going to hit Big C on Saturday or White earth lake I will leave a report on Water temp, fish action etc.

BTW -- I assume I will be fishing 25-35 feet of water -- anyone verify this depth lately?

Planning on trying for ski's on Saturday afternoon: IF we can find anything active, I'll be out Sunday as well before putting the boat away for the winter.....one last hurrah!

was out last Sun, surface temp was 43, fishing was poor at best, however, I talked to a guy who was out in the wind on Sat and did well. Im not winterizing quite yet...10 deg to go!

ps..I saw F dogs rig out getting wet Sunday, how'd it go Pete?

Not good. Got one eye and about 4 snakes. Tried about 6 spots at various depths and couldn't find fish on the graph. We caught the one eye over sand jigging in 8 fow confused.gif. I might make it out one more time, and then it goes to storage. Already rigged up for ice laugh.gif

Quote:

RD --

I am going to hit Big C on Saturday or White earth lake I will leave a report on Water temp, fish action etc.

BTW -- I assume I will be fishing 25-35 feet of water -- anyone verify this depth lately?

That would be great if you could leave a report. I've never fished Big C, but have fished WE quite a few times. I've also heard Tulaby has been good this fall - heard this second-hand though. I won't be up til next Wednesday, so I have a feeling I might hit the in-between time when it's too icy for boats, but not icy enough to walk on!

RD --

I have heard that Tulaby has been good as well. No first hand info, but just whispers and winks.

I will leave a report on our experience.

Hit.

Minnow-man --

If we go to WE -- Do you want to tag along? or how about Big C?

Might tag-team with another boat as well. You too busy pounding nails or what?

wink.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

RD --

I have heard that Tulaby has been good as well. No first hand info, but just whispers and winks.

I will leave a report on our experience.

Hit.

The Lakefinder info on the DNR website says Tulaby had very high walleye numbers based on the 2006 sample. Don't tell anybody though!

$3.09/gallon at 10mpg plus boat gas. I took everything out but the battery. Just in case I get one more wild hair up my but to blow some money on a day when the fish aint biting.

been fishing the OT river a couple times over the past fews weeks. Even with the colder water, my "target fish" have been pretty active and I caught some dandy fish. Last Friday, I only caught one walleye and not one smallmouth, kind of suprised me. I think I'm done up here for the season, I won't be in town to fish until almost december. I'll likely hit some metro area waters next weekend, and then the long rods get put away for the season.

see you guys on the hardwater.

Hit the Dead C one last time on Saturday and we got zippo. The other 10 boats or so seemed to have similar problems.

I checked the water temp and it was 40.6 -- Minnow Man said that his temp was 44 the Sunday before so we are getting close.

The cold temps this week should bring some ice to local ponds, with the chance of a good freeze on smaller lakes by the first week of December. Yahoo.

We hit W.E. on saterday us and one more boat and neither of us boated a walleye to my knowledge, the one boat did move to another spot later. We only caught a couple small pike and that was it. I'm done for the year until the ice forms.

2-shae --

Glad you just posted. All Sunday I thought "man I should have gone to WE." No offense, but I am glad you didn't have any luck because we debated going to WE quite a bit.

I think your giving me too much credit about being able to catch walleyes in the fall time. I've never fished near to this late before and had no idea what i was doing.

If you were less than 25 feet you were too shallow. That is for sure. I would guess WE might be about the same.