• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rough Night on the water last night

I went out to pelican lake near monticello last night. it was extremely windy, but I decided to brave the rough waters to get out to my favorite spot. My 14ft deep v hull had one heck of a time, there were some serious swells out there. Although I never submarined the bow, I got close. I have never been so wet after a ride in from a duck blind. It took me 40 minutes to get in when it usually takes me 10, and I was the first one in out of 4 other guys. I hope they made it in safely. I was looking for other boats on the way in just could not see them.

Quote:

I went out to pelican lake near monticello last night. it was extremely windy, but I decided to brave the rough waters to get out to my favorite spot. My 14ft deep v hull had one heck of a time, there were some serious swells out there. Although I never submarined the bow, I got close. I have never been so wet after a ride in from a duck blind. It took me 40 minutes to get in when it usually takes me 10, and I was the first one in out of 4 other guys. I hope they made it in safely. I was looking for other boats on the way in just could not see them.

So you Left without knowing they got in? confused.gif

Pelican is a 5000 acre lake, I drove back by there later and the trucks were gone, so everyone made it in. They probably just took awhile longer to get in.