• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
HateHumminbird

Get Well JonnyP!

HateHumminbird

Jonny's recovering from surgery on his appendix yesterday, and let's all wish him a speedy recovery. There's work to be done, deer to be hunted, fish to be caught! grin.gif

Joel

LABS4ME

Get well Jon! Can't you just weld it to make it better? grin.gif

Good Luck!

Ken

cjac

Dude.....Enough with the surgeries! Hope all goes well and there is a quick recovery for you.

Chris

hanson

Hope your recovery goes well there Jon, you don't need that organ anyway. grin.gif

Sure hurts like a SOB when an appendicitis attack comes on, yikes! Had mine out about 3 1/2 years ago now.

They asked me to rate my pain in the ER on a scale of 1 to 10. Even though I replied 10, I still wasn't a priority there.

harvey lee

I hope the recovery is fast and all goes well Jonny. Its time to get on the ice soon.

Eric Wettschreck

Been there done that Jonny. Here's wishing you beautiful nurses and a speedy recovery.

Random guy

I thought I had a stomach ache that wouldn't go away, next thing I know I'm in the dang hospital again.

Pretty amazing what they can do now days, three little punch holes in my belly and that is it in and out in one night.

Better now then later I guess. I'm have been getting ready for early ice pike fishing, rigging tip-ups, checking over portables so on and so forth so good to get it out of the way now instead of big pike time.

bradyd

Should of had yours removed in 3rd grade like I did. Was at home for 2 days after it exploded before I couldn't walk any more then decided i'd better tell mom to take me to the hospital.

Happy Recovering!!

Mike L

Glad you're on the mend. Sounds like a heckava lot better procedure than when they took mine out 35 years ago.

Northlander

Get well man. Wouldnt have been good if it went out on the pond. shocked.gif

wall_eye_assasin

Hope you get better soon, Thanks for all the advice and hope to make it up to Red lake soon.

cookie129

Hope your feeling better and see ya on the ice

upnorth

Quote:

Pretty amazing what they can do now days, three little punch holes in my belly and that is it in and out in one night

I got a 4" scar on my gut where they took mine out, and if memory serves me it was like 3 days in the hospital. Sounds like they are a bit better at it these days.

Good thing they got it before ice fishings season grin.gif

Kyle Sandberg

Get better soon Jon. Red Lake needs you.

You don't need that particular organ any. Just takes up more space. If I had to find a bright side in it, I'd say you can now eat more. grin.gifcrazy.gif

hanson

I can't even see the scars where they went in to take mine out. I think I had 3 small 1/2" incisions. They send a camera in the one incision and the other tools in the other incisions. In and out of the hospital in 1 day with about 2-3 days at home recovering. Its really wasn't that bad.

Being a "tough guy" and not recognizing the pain is what will get you in trouble. I had a horrible gut/side ache that I kept trying to walk off thinking it would go away. It never did. Finally took a couple buddies to tell me I looked like crap and should get to the ER. Glas I listened to them.

gspman

JP,

Sounds like you're up and at 'em already. Hope you're doing well.

Random guy

Oh ya doing fine surgery two days ago and I'm ready to go do something! Trapped inside this house with deer running around and ice fishing gear that needs mending...Patsy and my girfriend keep sneeking around making sure I have not escaped...I plan a break out by 10:30 this morning just need a distraction to divert their attention.

Borch

OK Jon I'll call the house. When the phone rings make a run for it. laugh.gif

Glad to hear you're doing well.

Blaze

With that appendix gone, now there's more room for BEER! smile.gif

Glad you're doin' better JP.

woodman

Hope all is well Jon, the deer are waiting for you on one of you rice beds. They are in rut now, so hopefully you can go and shoot a nice one! Glad to hear you are doing fine, and maybe send the women down to Bemidji to get you some NEEDED gear for early ice! When they return leave a note saying a buck was grunting and running around the house so you had to go take care of him so he doesn't get dizzy! grin.gif

Pikester

I bet that appendix would of made great tip-up bait. crazy.gif

Sifty

Get well Jonny.

Sifty

Random guy

Quote:

I bet that appendix would of made great tip-up bait.
crazy.gif

I know but they wouldn't let me have it! Told me it has to be checked for bad stuff then disposed of properly. Figure the dang thing cost me enough money I should get to keep it.