• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Deb Radosevich Burntside Bash

Thats great Catfish.. i love that map... i hope by then i will have my quad running.. still hasn't made it back to the cat shack... Otherwise i will just walk out some and fish there.. I wont be able to stay long anyways.. My counts are not fully up there from chemo and the lack of hair might get me cold lol... But i will be there tho, so i will need someone to drill me a hole maybe? I am sure i can ask someone there..

Catfish that wasn't me who asked if that was you lol...

I am getting very excited for the bash.. Counting the days...

Thank you Catfish for posting about the map too

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Foss

• Northlander

• Tom Linderholm

• Jim Almquist

By God, Kalli, you are right. It was ripstick. Must be my advanced age wreaking havoc on my once tack-sharp mind! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

stfcatfish, sounds good. I will watch for that thread and get details then. I will just plan to have it there.

Tom

Tom, that is simply great! Would you plan on coming up Friday afternoon or not until Saturday morning? Quite a few of us will be there setting up HQ on Friday afternoon, and it frankly would ease my mind if there was someone (uh, like you? grin.gif) in a permanent spending the night on the ice near the HQ. Not trying to pressure you, you understand. One way or another we'll git er done! grin.gifgrin.gif

tc.......Cheffery and I will be heading up on Friday from the Lodge if you want to convoy up to Ely. Let me know if that would be something you would want to do.......and I know you don't "work" on Friday's grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif so it shouldn't be a problem, right? grin.gif

Looks like Friday it is. There is room for two to three more to sleep, but I have been known to snore a bit.

Snoring? What are you talking about? None of us snore. Don't trust wives on that topic. They tell us we snore just to get the upper hand so when it's time to lobby for that diamond they've got some leverage.

Oh, sorry, ladies. blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Kallista,

I can pull you and your gear out and drill you some holes if you would like. Just look for the handsome dude on the red F-6 Firecat snowmobile and an Otter sled. Cant miss me! cool.gif

Justin

Quote:

They tell us we snore just to get the upper hand so when it's time to lobby for that diamond they've got some leverage.

Wow Steve you got it all figured out there huh buddy? ooo.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

So i know nothing about BS altho i been reading up

HAAHAHAH Sorry Kalli it just cracked me up!! smirk.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

It is officially confirmed that I will be at "The Bash" this year along with Dtro. We have "tentative" plans at the Super 8 in Ely if Dtro's conversation with the hotel went alright. Did you give them your credit card #? blush.gif

I can't wait. I will have a brand new Laker spanking Thorne Bros rod in the arsenal when I arrive. I can't wait!

Chris: That's totally cool. Wouldn't be a Bash unless you got that loud green Cat stuck in a pocket of slush. Great rod you're bringing, too. Hope you get to set the nails into a 20lber. Divers have seen lakers in Bside over 30lbs. Hey, and it's great you're bringing dtro, if for no other reason than his credit card is paying for the motel room. I mean, a catman has to learn to move PRETTY DARN QUICK to jig up Mr. Laker. grin.gifgrin.gif

Larry: yeah, hon, I got those women all figured out. Just ask both my ex-wives and my actual wife, and they'll tell you I'm as sensitive as a brick wall, and just as adaptable. Not to mention after a few, uh, libations, I'm about the same color as a brick wall. grin.gifgrin.gif

Catfish.. whos larry

Justin.. thanks will look for ya

Lisa .. hahaha now that i am looking at it, it is funny...

I'd say you were pretty well an expert there Mr.Foss and you totally know all there is to know about diamonds being around that block a time or three! ooo.gif

Oh ok... hes getting people mixed up tonight tho, so was thinking he did it again, you know old age sets in, and its all down hill

Yes, Lisa is Larry. She said so in a time long ago and a galaxy far, far away. And I'm NOT losing my mind. Most emphatically NOT! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

The worst part about the downhill age thing is once you start rolling and gaining momentum it's impossible to stop. In Ely on Sheridan Street, you can be poised at the knife edge of age, looking west down the street toward Tower or East toward Winton, and both directions are downhill. blush.gif

That name was bequeathed to me from a PBR drinkin' dude who may or may not be from a different galaxy but he sure is funny! grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

tc, thanks for the offer to bring the shack up for Deb.

We hope that her recovery will have progressed enough so that she can make it. She has a very long way to go to get to that point.

Kalli and others that haven't been to the Bash.

Like Steve said we aren't going to leave you on your own. If you need help in fishing locations just ask. Typically we gather at HQ in the morning, a small crowd develops and we talk over the days strategy. That usually goes on for an hour or so and guys filter in and out to fishing grounds.

Much of this strategy is really dependent on is lake conditions and what ever mode of travel you have. Snowmobiles are King, you can get must anywhere with them with the exception of slush. If we have enough ice for 4x4 trucks and no much snow then again your you have little limits as to where you can go. Add deep snow to that and you'll be limited to the plowed roads and then a slog with gear off those roads and to fishy areas. I'll emphasize not drilling close to plowed roads. These roads are plowed by workers, cabin owners, and just guys with shacks on the lake. We respect those roads and not flood then by drilling within a couple hundred feet and parking vehicles so traffic can get through. Some years ATVs are a fine mode of travel. Anyway we take what the conditions are and go from there. We like to get HQ off the landing within walking distance so those without any ice transport can at least get to HQ. If someone needs help getting to HQ then we can do that. As Steve pointed out, have your gear ready for ice travel. This is a fun event and like the forum here, we're there to help each other. Many times guys will team up, getting an experienced Bsider with a first timer. That works well so get teamed up now. For those without ice transportation, spreading out and fishing along the HQ shore can produce Lakers. We'll get the Laker gear and Techniques thread up so everyone can be prepared in that aspect.

Frank, my pleasure.

You never know with Deb, things can change real fast some times. We will have to wait and see. If she can't make it, we can use it for a base camp or maybe we can serve food out of there or we can use it for a warming shack. Whatever happens, we will put it to use.

OH lord, Hanson and Dtro too!?! This is gonna be one great event. I'm gonna try to get up there on friday to help with setup and maybe some pre-fishing!!

Quote:

Quite a few of us will be there setting up HQ on Friday afternoon,

Steve and Frank I will be up sometime Friday before noon if you need any help setting stuff up.

Chaff

Thanks for all the offers of help, people. We appreciate it! grin.gif

We'll get a thread setup for final bash details as we get a bit closer to the actual day and we'll be able to get stuff like that coordinated.

I can't wait!!! maybe this year I won't be shy and actually stop a HQ to find some good spots to try from the Pro's.

Shawn and I will be there. Planning on heading up to Ely on Thursday and will probably be at HQ for a little while on Friday. Bringing up the 17' perm house for lodging and a couple of portables for the bash. I was at last years bash, which was a great time! This year is shaping up to be a heck of a run!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again, and hopefully be as lucky as last year (2 trout). Did I read somewhere that Skippers Kid will have Smelt again? That stuff was outstanding! I'd love to get my hands of a few chunks of that again smile.gif

Also, I'd like to through in a little plug for some friends of mine. They own the Alder Inn in Babbit, so if anyone's looking for a place to stay, please look them up. I don't think I can post contact info here, though.

I'm in. I will see you guys up there. I have class until mid afternoon. Probably won't make it up there til after dark.

SKIPPERS KID

Could i have your address.. I made a few things for Deb.. and i would like to get them to her before the holidays.. Just things to pamper her some. Can you email me the address where to send this too please?

ladyangelwolf*****@gmail.com

take away the *****

Thanks

kalli