• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

iced over?

delta hunter

Does anyone think the smaller lakes and potholes will be froze over by this weekend again?

Delta, right now its a crap shoot! hehe! We had over an inch on the slew we tried to get on, on sat morning, but was wide open on sunday morning. It is a few miles north of here, and does have a weed deck on about 1/4 of it that doesn't let the wind keep it open as well. Odds are, if the wind lets up, and it gets into the 20's or lower, it will be locked up again. But the bigger, deeper lakes in this area shouldn't freeze solid yet. But who knows?

same here!! I've been hunting a little slough in the fairfax area that was all iced up this past weekend. We hunted hanska sat with no luck and we back to are usual spot and had to bust ice. I'd like to go back out there again, I'm just wondering how much time I should give myself for busting ice! I'd like bust open a good size hole. I'll just have to talk off of work a little early on friday and check my spot out!!

If the wind drops off at night I think things will lock up fairly quick. I've seen completely frozen lakes a week ago all ready, but everything opened back up from wind and warmer temps. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen again.