• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing report

Turk

11-13-07 The mild weathered November we have been experiencing has extended the fall bite, which still remains good. The river under went a very nice water level rise a couple weeks ago, but now the river is at the normal pool level of 675. The river may actually be a half foot higher, but for all intents and purposes, the river is where it normally is this time of year. The temperature sensor on my depth finder is reading 158 degrees, so that is broken, I do not have the exact reading, but I do know the water is much warmer that it usually is during mid November, but not 158. After the high waters abated the river is still stained, upon finishing the trip for the day and after pulling out the fish, I saw my livewell looked like it was filled with gallons of A & W root beer minus the fizz. The water is not carrying much sediment, so it is not dirty, just stained.

The walleyes and sauger continue to bite on jigs and trolled crankbaits. Ice fishing lures like a jigging Nils Master also produce, plus blade baits will produce. My most recent outing called for trolling because the wind was howling and here three ways and stickbait crankbaits worked well. The bites where not heavy but the pulls and tussle during the fight was, good numbers of fish are coming in, and they are 17 to 18 inch walleye and sauger. I have been finding fish in the 25 foot range plus or minus five feet, depending on the spot and wind levels. Also many of the walleye and sauger are being caught from places where the graph showed little baitfish. Essentially I fished places memorized from past late fall trips. Good luck and it is nice to be out on the water especially when the river is so quite.

Keep Catchin'

Turk

Ya, Problem with having a lot of devices on the boat is there just more to break down! grin.gif. Actually I did pretty good fishing prior to the gps area with just boat, depth finder, and motor (and oh ya my first boat had oars, remember those? ha!)

Turk

Turk, that was a really good tip you posted (and deleted) about B eh poor t. I was lucky enough to spend a couple of hours this afternoon hopping around those parts. Got some nice eyes and sauger pulling rapalas and rigging minnows. It was a pretty sweet time, I was nailing smallies and slab crappie in the same spots as the eyes.

I was replying to your post under Croixeyes Beanies to Afton post. When I submitted it gave me an error that it had been deleted... I figure you felt bad for taunting Croixeyes and his winterized boat about all the eager fiches.

LB