• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Papa Grump boats MONSTER eyeball!

Got out on the river for a few hours this evening with Hanson.

After we were out for a while, we were greeted by a RiverPro occupied by Papa Grump and fellow fisherman Scott J.

We worked the area together for a while and then they headed to a new spot. About 15 minutes later, back cames the pro and I see PG shaking in his shoes, he points down to the livewell and is speechless.

He reaches down and pulls this out:

papagrumpmonstereye.jpg

No long arming here......this is the real deal!

Later we found out that as he was unhooking it, Scott boated a 24".

Of course we moved to "their" spot after thatgrin.gif

Not much later, Scott lands another 24"er and about 10 minutes later our boat got into the action with this heathly eye:

008.jpg

Hanson's highlight of the day was hooking a big ol whitey on a Chubby Darter cool.gif

Congrats PapaGrump on a great fish!

What a beaut.

I let him give the surprising numbers on his fish.

As a comparison, my fish was 26" and just under 8lbs.

I don't know what to say!

Today was unbelievable. This weekend was unbelievable.

That big ole White Bass was a hoot when he smacked that LOD CD-6 Chubby Darter. I guess I have the white bass skills. Caught a couple on ringworms, caught a few on jig & minnow, and caught the biggest on a Chubby Darter. grin.gif Couldn't keep them off my line, couldn't buy a walleye bite however.

But that really doesn't matter after being witness to Papa Grump's Sumo eye! They were sooo excited after catching it, they forgot to pull anchor when they buzzed down to show us the fish. Sorry Brian... it had to be said. grin.gif

Congrats on the monster! 29" & 11lbs, 2oz is an unbelievable fish!

I knew there was a reason I didn't go deer hunting this weekend.

Here's another photo!

grumpswalleyelowrestw9.jpg

That is definitely a FAT river 'eye. Wow. Nice job, guys! Great day to be on the water, that's for sure.

Gas for fishing trip on riverpro: $30

Anchor to replace the other one: $30

11+ pound river walleye on 60 degree Nov day: PRICELESS!

Quote:

Gas for fishing trip on riverpro: $30

Anchor to replace the other one: $30

11+ pound river walleye on 60 degree Nov day: PRICELESS!

Oh no... they still have the anchor. Only guy I know with steel winch cable for an anchor rope. grin.gif

BTW Aanderud- I've got your fishing rods. You left them in my boat last night.

Quote:

Congrats on the monster! 29" & 11lbs, 2oz is an unbelievable fish

Quote:

Only guy I know with steel winch cable for an anchor rope.

Speachless doesn't descibe my biggest walter caught to date. I remember a few words, like Scott get the dang net and about 15 Oh MY God words flying around. I have never seen such shoulders on a 'eye like that before.

Scott did a great job netting the fish on the first swipe smirk.gif

And the anchor thing? I just couldn't figure out why the trolling moter quit working after we headed back to the "spot" till I realized that there was 25 feet of rope hanging off the front end of the 'pro yet, anchor still attached to it no less. blush.gif

Definately "priceless"

I should add that the old girl was released and is there for someone else to tangle with someday as well.

Wow nice eye, congrats. Also congrats on the c&r . Were these hogs in the deep holes yet, or still working current?

Quote:

Were these hogs in the deep holes yet, or still working current?

Current seamed to be key yesterday. Whities were holding on the seams as well.

Nice walleyes guys! I had planned on getting out on the river this weekend, but it didn't happen. mad.gif I did get most of my ice fishing stuff ready to go though. cool.gif

any tips on areas to target in the rivers??? I try inlets and outlets with minimal luck. I try to use larger baits and still can't find anything big. I try seams from shore too!

Now I know why I couldn't get a hold of you on Sunday Darren.......

Nice fish guys.

Just want you all to know I am thinking about you while I am sitting on a beach in southern California this week.

Sounds like the weather is going to take a turn for the cold before I get back on Thursday night.

Sorry I missed you John. I wasn't able to get out at all on Sat and Sun, not till later. I knew you wanted to get out in the morning and figured you found someone to go with you.

No worries, these fish will be there for a while, get your sun, get back, and we'll hit it again before ice up. cool.gif

Hey there Ed, I'll be open later this week on Friday or Saturday. I have boats to service and put away ( not mine yet)and some projects I've neglected to finish up on this fall. I'll give you a shout later.

Gunderson- Hanson pretty much nailed it further up in the post as to where and how we are fishing. Current breaks/seams is the key in the fall. What produces today, may not produce tomorrow so you have to move around, but look for deeper water for a start.