• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

gophs

Andrew Erickson

hopefully they've finally turned things around for the season. I guess after last season, I'd rather they start flat and slow and finish strong, then peak too early.

Taking a duece from Mankato doesn't turn anyone season's around. Tech was having a nice view from the top and got crushed by St. Cloud, loser of foru straight.

I'm afraid this is going to be one of those "down" years for the mighty Gophs. They just don't show up consistently from night to night..Heck, sometimes (like tonight) period-to-period we don't know which team will show up. Thin in offense past 1st line if you ask me. "D" doesn't hit enough and if your "D" isn't physical you get guys rushing to and camping in front of the net w/ no worries of being knocked down. I didn't think much of Donny-Loos choice for captain, either. He is their 3rd or 4th best defenseman. Shaky carrying the puck, chooses wrong times to either step up in the play and gets himself out of position, makes ill-advised passes across the gophs zone when coming up the ice, etc. Kinda sounds like # 41 for the Wild, don't it?

Inconsistency has definitely ruled the roost thus far this season. A lot of that, obviously, can be attributed to the inexperience but there are also obvious areas to improve upon. I don't like to see all the cross-ice passing in their own zone (worst pass in hockey in my opinion) and the lack of a transition game is not good either.

I'll keep cheering. Let's go Gophers!