• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How Fast?

walleyedude

does anyone know how fast the boats on the FLW go? my roommate has been trying to tell me they go 90 and i just dont believe it, so any help would be awsome.

Depends on if you are talking the FLW walleye boats or the FLW bass dude.. the bass dudes are a tad bit quicker as the hulls weigh a bit less and are desined a little bit more for speed... FLW has a max horse power of 250 I think.. it may even be 225hp... A normal 20' bass boat with a 250 will run in the upper 70's... I am not aware of a stock bass boat that has run over 100 mph... I know supped up Allison with high 300 HP have run a tad over 100... I also know of thin hulled BassCat with 275 that ran like 101 or something like that...

I would say the walleye FLW boats run mostly in the high 60's at best...

Dietz is right high 60's with 2 anglers and a tournament load for the bassers. My buddies 2007 Z20 Ranger with a 225 HPDI will run low 70's, on the gps, with 1/2 tank and 1 in the boat. There are only a handfull of stock bass boats that will do over 90 mph. In Bass and Walleye boats they tested a 21' Bullet with the old Mercury 300 pro max, regular EFI, and it did 98mph. That was the fastest they have ever tested. Allison's even have a hard time reaching those speeds anymore due to the 3.0 liter DFI motors, which most motors 200+ HP are nowadays, being too heavy for their hulls.

I just seen a Mercury commercial and I thought it said that it could go 90 and the competition would only go 80 something. I have done 60+ in a bass boat and I'm not looking for that trip again anytime soon. Too fast for me.

Quote:

Depends on if you are talking the FLW walleye boats or the FLW bass dude.. the bass dudes are a tad bit quicker as the hulls weigh a bit less and are desined a little bit more for speed... FLW has a max horse power of 250 I think.. it may even be 225hp... A normal 20' bass boat with a 250 will run in the upper 70's... I am not aware of a stock bass boat that has run over 100 mph... I know supped up Allison with high 300 HP have run a tad over 100... I also know of thin hulled BassCat with 275 that ran like 101 or something like that...

I would say the walleye FLW boats run mostly in the high 60's at best...

What he said. Adding to that, just because a boat can do mid 70's-80+ doesn't mean anyone can just hop in and floor it to 80+. I learned about that out pretty quick with my first bassboat(ZX250 /300 HPDI) outing. Got in and floored it to upper 70's and whao, had to back off. Mine does low 80 under the right conditions, and I tell ya, everythings a blur.

Deitz is right about the walleye boat. My Ranger 621 with a 250 yamaha only does about 56 on glass calm water. But my Ranger Bass Boat 19fter with a 200 optimax hit 72 on calm pike bay days. grin.gif

Ya I would guess most of the Ranger Fishermans in the 20 and 21' sizes are getting high fifties to low 60's. A few are getting mid 60's.

Heck 45 mph in my Lund is plenty quick for me at times. blush.gif

Could you issue tickets for some of these speed racers? grin.gif

I also run the same 115 Yammy on a Lund as Northlander and its plenty enough for me.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Ranger Z20 with 225 opti pro xs and top speed for mine is about 70-72 mph gps and the boat has to be low on fule to get there I am sure the extra weight limits top end because with full tanks its top speed is 65-68 mph. Pleanty fast for me.

I can tell you that running a boat at these speeds can be very dangerous as things can change very quickly so be CAREFULL!!!

Hope this is helpful.

In the December Bass and Walleye Boat Magazine it profiles bass boats and the fastest. Here is a small list:

Allision XB-21 Bass Sport Pro W/225 opti Top Speed Est 85mph

Bass Cat Cougar FTD W/225 Opti 82mph

Blazer 210 Pro-V DC (Does not list motor type but does state that 225-250 is ideal but the boat has an "unlimited" horsepower rating. 80 mph

Bullet 21XRD Merc 250 XS 80 5MPH

Champion 210 Elite Merc 250 Pro XS 78 MPH

Gambler 2100 XR2 Merc 225 Pro XS 82 MPH

Legend Alpha 211 Merc 250 Pro XS 78.5 MPH

Ranger Z520 Merc 250Merc 250 Pro XS 75 MPH

A few years ago in a bass tournament I was in a Skeeter with a 225 and we hit 73 GPS speed. Single console so sitting in the passenger seat was VERY SCARY.....they should put WAY more grab handles in those things! crazy.gif

Daze Off

with just me and a fll load of walleye gear minus a livewell full of water and fish crazy.gif my GPS tracked my rig doing 39.9 on 2 foot whitecaps. Yes I got wet. Yes my boat will go faster on calm water not much though. I wasnt scared but im hesitant to angle into the waves too much as the handle wants to rip over and the rig wants to flay airborn....pretty sweet watching that but wet=cold and air=out of control feeling which=scary! My boat is too fast for trolling big motor unless its cranks.