• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

3D.. Anybody shooting any Leagues this winter?

Deitz Dittrich

I know its a little early.. but pulled the target bow out of storage the other night... I need new stings and cables for it.. plan on getting a different scope for it(its currently set up for spottie shooting... but I am having a hard time finding spot leagues in the area.. so I will be joining a 3D league this year.

anybody else?

Or is anybody interested in doing a NFAA FishingMinnesota spot league for fun?.. It would just be for giggles, It would have to be on your honor system as far as scores go... any intrest in that?

I would be interested in doing something like this Dietz, but I have no idea where to get started. Do you have a place thats pretty central?

I'm not a teacher or anything so I can't afford two bows tongue.gif but I would still ike to do this with my hunting setup. If anything it will make me more confident with it.

Powerstroke.. you wouldnt need a central location.. like I said.. it would be more for fun... shoot a score at a local proshop and e-mail it to me kind of thing?

I'll will have to see if Cabin Fever is having any leagues this winter. That will give me some time to look at new bows since the wife said I could get a new bow finally! grin.gif Apparently I'm serious about this one.

Deitz, where you planning on shooting? I still have to see if Santa is going to let me keep that Mathews I found under the Christmas tree. grin.gif Oh yeah, haven't gotten that far in the year yet.

Tunrevir~

I will be shooting spotties at Bwana on Thursdays. I took a 10 year break from it, then went back last year. Love it. I'll be warming up a bit now once a week, plus I am going to be looking at going full back-tension this year, which will be a challenge. I'll shoot tomorrow in the afternoon toward evening...hopefully find something I like, then get a new string put on the bow and readjust the peep.

few weeks away.

Deitz, I'm up for putting in scores.... like a fishing minnesota league.

Steve

Tun-I'll be shooting at the Gander in FL

If we get enough intrest... I'll try and put something together.

Deitz,Maybe I'll see you up there then. I have little ones that are looking to play this, that and the other thing so my needs are needed elsewhere... but if the opp comes up I'd like to shoot. Just curious, you hunt Wisc. Have you seen any property over in that neck of the woods for sale? I am looking for about 80 acres and don't want to have to drive an hour to get there. You can e-mail me if you know of anything. I figure rather then buying a rifle tag for Wi., because the cabin is 2 hours away, I could buy a bow tag and hunt both and make it worth my while. Just curious. I think you have my e-mail if not, let me know, I have yours.

Tunrevir~

Quote:

Have you seen any property over in that neck of the woods for sale?

Check out Timber Ghost Realty in the NE metro. They spcialize in hunting properties. I know they have a bunch of listings in Wisconsin.

Quote:

I'm not a teacher or anything so I can't afford two bows
tongue.gif
but I would still ike to do this with my hunting setup. If anything it will make me more confident with it.

I shoot my hunting bow for indoor leagues all winter. I just turn down the poundage a bit for comfort.

LOL

Quote:

I'm not a teacher or anything so I can't afford two bows

Yeah.. like being a teacher has anything to do with it...

I however have like 5 or 6 bows.. LOL Been a while since I counted.

Edit... just counted. 8... but some arent so nice.. LOL

What district are you working for?!! Man...8 bows? I gotta come join your district!! :-)

I only own 2 and I work in St. Paul... :-(

I used to manage a sporting goods store before becoming a teacher... I picked up 3 then... I have since picked up a few at Garage sales(recurves, and fish bows) Really only bought 2 since becoming a teacher 14 years ago.. It also helps that I dont have any children of my own.

Quote:

It also helps that I dont have any children of my own.

I have a couple that you can borrow for a while. They come with their own bows. grin.gif

I wish it was the latter of the two.. 165 kids, each day, 5 days a week (except this week...only 3 days..)

Steve