• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MN WILD STILL LOOKS GOOD!

Scott K

Yep- he is fun to watch and high-energy out there. A couple of the vets on this team could take a page from his book and apply it to their game...IMO.

Voros looks excellent out there. Hard hiting and looks half way decent when he has the puck, plus he is not afraid to drop the gloves when need be. When Demitra comes back I hope Voros stays. I guess the odd man out for defenseman when Sean Hill arrives is Keith Carney. Carney was great last year but has looked sluggish this year. I think the odd man out should be Kim Johnnson. He is absolutely terrible. Can't check, can't pass, can't skate, can't shoot, can't tie anyone up in front of the net. Not to bad for about a 5 million dollar a season player. Trade Johnnson for a roll of hockey tape!!!!

Quote:

looks like my team is doing terrible this weekend, you may take me biff.
frown.gif

You have alot of guys going today(Sun). You are not that far behind in many categories.

BT- I agree 100%- Johnsson is awful. I don't recall him being that big-time when he was in Philly to start with, and I still don't understand who he has got in his hip pocket here that thought he deserved 19$ million. He does nothing above average. Most things below. Problem is, the rest of the league knows this as well, so we can't dump him off on someone because they know his M.O. Terrible decison/signing by the Wild front office, IMO.

Wild win 4-1 last night. Anyone see how the Avalanche scored....Johnsson turned the puck over in his own zone and failed to recover. He stinks!!!

Wild looked terrible again. To many injuries. Looks like the Wild took the game off. I see we picked up Todd Fedoruk and might try to trade Branko or just let him go. We really didn't need another goon.

It's not just injuries-they are in total disarray right now. No physical play in our zone, no forecheck/backchecking, passing up clear shots for silly highlight-type reel moves that end up being nothing (see Gophers), sub-par goaltending, etc. Very puzzling. I don't get it..

from what I have seen, they try to get the perfect shots, and pass too much. they need to start shooting the puck at the net, you never know, with screens and rebounds.

2 goals tonight so far for the young line, it is looking better.

I agree, they gotta start shooting the puck!! They got guyst that got awesome shots, and you never know, there could be a tip in, rebound.

So is anybody else thinking like I am the Walz is done for the season. You still havent heard about what is going on with this guy for weeks now. I think with these call-ups that he is done and will never step on the ice again wearing a Wild uniform.

I think he is done. I haven't heard any new news. I think the call-ups have done an excellent job, I hope some of them stay up the entire season.

I would have to agree as well that he is done. Hopefully whatever he's dealing with ends up working out for the best.

Can't wait to see the demitra, gabby line again tonight! The teams seems to have a spark with them two in the line up!

demitra played, and now the team is 8-0-1 in games he has played this year. I hope he stays heathy the rest of the year.

Boy, I tell you what, I am sure glad Radivojavic is a free agent after the year. Why put him on the top line with Gabby and Demitra. All Branko does is dump the puck in and those 2 are not that kind of players. Branko isn't strong enough in the corners anyway. I also seen Branko on the power play. C'mon, give this guy his walking papers. With all that said they got 2 points last night. Rolston looked good finally. Bouchard, his passes always seemed to get tipped a little bit and go just out of reach. Seems like he copuld get 2 points a night if some of his passes go through. Vancouver comes in on Sun. Take out the Sedin boys and Ohlund!!

Here's the update on Walz from the Star Tribune

Wes Walz to announce retirement Saturday morning

Friday, November 30th, 2007 by Michael Russo

The Wild has called a 10:30 news conference for this morning at Xcel Energy Center where 37-year-old center Wes Walz, the Wild’s all-time leader with 438 games played, will announce his retirement from the NHL, two NHL sources confirmed Friday night.

Walz, one of two last Original Wild players along with Marian Gaborik, has been on indefinite leave from the team since Nov. 1. Walz’s 82 goals and 182 points rank second in franchise history behind Gaborik.

A tremendous-skating checker, Walz has been a heart-and-soul leader, one who has been a positive influence on up-and-comers like Mikko Koivu and Brent Burns.

In 2002-03, Walz was a Selke Trophy (NHL’s best defensive forward) finalist, and that was before a marvelous playoff in which he scored seven goals and shut down stars like Peter Forsberg.

Walz, a former Boston Bruins’ pick, was a junior star for Lethbridge of the Western Hockey League (83 points and 244 points). He spent the next several years shuffling back and forth between the NHL and minors before spending four years in Switzerland. But in 2000, General Manager Doug Risebrough called with an offer from the expansion Wild, where he’s spent seven years.

“I thought for sure I was riding off into the sunset 10 years ago,” Walz said in January 2006. “But I always felt I had more to give over here. I’m just so glad I was given an opportunity to satisfy my dreams of playing in the NHL and maybe even having an impact.”

In April 2006, Walz said, “I don’t think I’m going to be one of those guys who’s going to hang on and they’re going to cut my skates off. I enjoy coming to the rink. I love competing. But there’s more to life than hockey.”

The wild finally got 3 solid lines, with a few key guys on that are still injured. I am really impressed with the rookie line, they play there A$$ off and look good!

I like the Voros line they put out there, these kids are going to get better as the season continues. Another person that I am begining to like alot is Veilleux, they put him out there against the other teams #1 line and he is a scrapper also, I like players like him.

I have never seen a more pathetic looking team the past 2 games. Talk about going through the motions. Through 2 periods against the Red Wings I think they have 10 SOG. There PP is terrible. There PK is terrible. There 5 on 5 is terrible. Their goaltending is terrible, who gives up a goal from outside the blueline. I would gut the roster and start over and get a offensive minded coach also. Jacque is a great coach but it is time to move on IMO. As I write this I can here the goal horn going off in the living room and Zetterberg is celebrating the HAT TRICK. Unreal.

Get rid of

Belanger

Boogaard

Demitra

Fedoruk

Gaborik

Moore

Parrish

Branko

Rolston

Carney

Foster

Johnnson

Nummelin

Schultz

Skoula

harding

Backstrom

KEEP

Sheppard

Bouchard

Voros

Burns

Koivu

Foy

Vellieux

Hill

Quote:

Get rid of

Belanger

Boogaard

Demitra

Fedoruk

Gaborik

Moore

Parrish

Branko

Rolston

Carney

Foster

Johnnson

Nummelin

Schultz

Skoula

harding

Backstrom

KEEP

Sheppard

Bouchard

Voros

Burns

Koivu

Foy

Vellieux

Hill

You're nuts, it's a long season! I'm a little disappointed with Backstrom this year (I miss Manny) as well but they'll put it together when it counts.

• 2 weeks later...

What was with this team last night, Gabby gets 5 goals in the win, this guy is a stud when he is on his game. The best part was when Hill and Carney carried him off the ice. And someone earlier posted he should be one the Wild should get rid of, smoke another one.

I missed last nights game, frown.gif work christmas party. That should put them in in second place, with one less game played! This may be are year smile.gif.

I agree we haven't heard much from the Gabby haters and Demitra haters lately! Pretty tough to get rid of 2 of the top players in the league