• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MN WILD STILL LOOKS GOOD!

Scott K

The Wild, even being down a few of their top players are 3 points from being the best in our conference. Doesnt anyone watch the Wild? I went to the game last night, they looked pretty good most of the game. Having only played 15 games, they are sitting with 20pts, and that is with a couple allstars out some of them games. They are the only team in MN this year that is winning, and no one is talking about them. Go Wild!!

I have watched every game so far and they do look tough. Backstrom is really hold his own back in net. Lets see how they do on the road, hopefully they can play about .500.

Lets go WILD

I've been watching every game and been to about 3 of them so far with the best being against Pittsburgh (even thou they lost). The one player I love watching when he is on the ice is James Sheppard, this kid is something else. He has the size, the speed and a good puck handler. They looked pretty good yesterday without having Demitra and Gaborik on the ice. Its nice to see the other players step up and play.

I have watched every game also and went to the pens game. I love em' and what I really like is they are ALOT more physical this year. (maybe lesson learned from last years Ducks series)

I also have seen all of there games. Sheppard could be the real deal in a couple of years. I think our defense is pretty suspect. Johnnson stinks for how much money he makes and if only Kurtis Foster could hit the net when he shoots. When he does(Edmonton game)look what happens. I think the Wild need to get a good solid offensive defenseman. Burns could be the guy but maybe next year. I like our offense especially the BBB line(Bouchard, Belanger, and Brian Rolston). Koivu is a man among boys at times and we need Pavol and Gaborik HEALTHY for the rest of the way.

I agree with a healthy team, we would be hard to beat! It could be the year for our cup!

I think Sheppard is the real deal now! He is poised at all times. The last game against the Oiler’s, there were a few guys starting to panic after Edmonton got a couple goals. Lamaire ended up taking a time-out to settle the guys down. Anyhow, Sheppard was the only one that looked poised, relaxed, and didn’t just blindly throw the puck around. He makes great plays in traffic as well. I would actually like to see Lamaire try him with Rolston and Bouchard.

I also think that Burns has all the skill and balance to be one of the top 5 defensemen in the league. The only thing he is lacking right now is experience to “think the game”. Look out for this kid in a year or two.

I agree with you 100% about Sheppard being the real deal. This kid is going to be something else in a few years. He always looks good when he is out on the ice.

I hope with this layoff the Wild can get their players healty. I am still wondering what is going on with Wes Waltz, they still haven't heard from him since he left the team.

Its kinda of strange why he left the team. Hopefully soon he responds to the team and rejoins them.

Has anyone ever been to a player apperance anywhere?? Tonight between 5-6pm at a Holiday gas station in Blaine Boogaard is going to be there. What I am wondering if alot of people go to these? I get off work @ 4pm so I should have pleanty of time to beat the crowd if there is one.

Now I see the Wild gave him a definate leave of absence.

There has really got to be something going on with him.

They said it wasnt a health or family issue. I guess we all need some private time to ourselves, the upside up this is some of our younger players are getting a couple more minutes a game.

whats up with the injuries? We need to get healthy fast, so we can get back on track and start putting some points on the board

I thought they were going to come back last night. They dont want to fall to far back, Colorado looks pretty good as usual. Its early yet, and there isnt anything we can do about injuries they just happen. Although it seems like it happens alot to Gaborik.

Just like I said to trade Randy Moss after the 1998 season... I say trade Gaborik now! He is only going to get more injuries as he gets older and right now he's only good for 2/3 of the season. I like him and he's a great player, but that's a ton of Salary Cap space!

I agree with trading Gabby. The S.O.B is always hurt. Making big money and sitting out 1/3 of the season. Demitra too. When we traded for him we knew he was injury prone. How come Rolston or Bouchard or Koivu are never hurt? I am starting to question whether Gabby or Demitra or those types of players that "break a nail" and have to sit out for a bunch of games. Starting to get frustrating. When both are in the line up they are awesome but that is only about 50 games a year.. If there was a way to get Ilya Kovalchuck from Atlanta I would do it. That guy is sick. I know it won't happen but a guy could wish.

Trade the slovakian groin pull brothers. Even if you don't get fair market value. Wouldn't healthy players contribute more than a couple of high priced benchwarmers.

Wow… I think I started a mutiny here! Both Gabby and Demitra are good guys with great work ethics. I know both of them would love to be on the ice but they are both injury prone. I admit that I liked the Demitra trade when it happened and I still think he is a great player. But, I’ve been watching the Kings play a lot this year and giving up O’Sullivan in that trade is going to come back to haunt us.

I would like to see the Wild make a run for Anze Kopitar from the Kings. Then we need to find another gritty player with great hockey sense and a hard shot… like Rolston. Before the season started I wanted them to trade for the rights to Patrick Kane but too late for that now. That guys going to put up Crosby type numbers. In my opinion, the Wild are loaded with a bunch of players that are just above average and then Lamaire gets a little more out of them by making them work hard. Belanger, Radivojevic, Veilleux, Moore, and Foy would all be guys I would put into this category. We need to dump a couple of these guys and get some hard nose guys that can put the puck in the net. I also think that NOT having Walz out there to shut down the other teams top line really hurts.

Hopefully Gabby is back tonight, and the wild can turn it around in Edmonton! I am hoping we can end this road trip 2-2!!

They need something to turn them around, they arent looking so good anymore, atleast there luck isnt there anymore!

Edmonton and Vancouver are not that good. They should beat them both even without the Gimpy 2. We do need them back though.

It was good to see Gabby and vieux(spelling) back lastnight, they both had a good impact on the game. Gabby looked little sore at times, hopefully he sticks it out and plays more games!

it also shows us how much we need gaborick(spelling) in the lineup. the wild have been much better when he plays.

Mattias Ohlund has a cheap shot coming his way next time we play Vancouver. Two hand slash to the back of Mikko's leg. Calling Mr. Boogaard....Ohlund is to big of a wussy to fight anyone let alone Boogie.

looks like my team is doing terrible this weekend, you may take me biff. frown.gif

the wild never forget cheap shots, I am looking for to there next game, which I am guessing will be at home also.

I do have to say after watching last night's game, that Voros kid looks like he is gonna be very good in the future, he pays with a lot of heart and wow can he skate!