• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Deer Hunting

Really only hunted on Saturday, too many honey-do's to do the full day on Sunday and the crew I hunted with got 3, 1 buck, two mature doe's. Sunday from what I was told by everyone I talked to said they saw virtually less than 5 deer all day. And I talked to 4 different groups.

Much had to do with the fact that a couple of the groups I spoke with had over 300 acres of corn still standing within a 2 2-3 mile radius of thier hunting ground.

Registration at Jim's Amaco in Brewster only yeilded 13 deer.

I saw quite a few deer Saturday, had four small bucks (spike, two forkies and a little six) all come by together at about 60 yards with one small doe they were trying to get busy with (she was having none of them) Then saw a couple more does sporadically throughout the day. Sunday I only hunted the morning sit and didn't see anything. Very few hunters and very little shooting all weekend I thought. This weekend I'll hit it harder with the full group... Got one really good one my brother has spotted but we can't close in on him.

Our group of 7 tagged 6 deer. The one in my avatar, another 8 point, a 4 point, a fork horn, and 2 does. Saturday and Sunday hunting sure is fun........Monday in the garage butchering is a different story......until the fellas show up after work. grin.gif

I saw the buck of a lifetime. Hopefully he will be around this time next year.

I seen and heard the same as you lawdog. Not to many hunters out there and not a lot of shooting.

All in all we're very happy with the results. We put a lot of meat in the freezer and got some antlers worth hanging onto.

Eric we could sure look at a bigger version of that buck picture,,,even with your ugly mug in it! HA!

Yeah Eric, Supersize that photo! Hopefully it won't break my computer screen! grin.gif Is it an 8pter, looks like a decent deer. were you hunting in your neck of the woods or prairie?

It's an 8, not the biggest buck on the planet but a nice shooter. Nice wide spread. I got it not too terribly far from my place.

He is now ground up burger.....yummy!!!!

Dadsbuck-1.jpg

excellent deer. i hope to find something similar this coming weekend. hopefully right away saturday morning so i can get back to chasing mallards.

We were 3 for 6. All bucks 9 pointer with a 2" drop tine, 8 pointer, and 6 pointer all basket racks, but good sized deer. I shoot a big doe at 35 yards, she made it accros the fence to another group they taged her... mad.gif She went about 75 yards and droped, they walked up and put one in her mellon. Seconds later I missed the buck of a life time, too busy watching my doe get taged... Solid 10+ Came out the same trail as the doe and went right over the spot the hunter was sitting that taged my doe... HA HA HA servs him right grin.gif

Wow lots of width there, nice mature buck. Mrs. Boilerguy letting him go on the wall in the living room????

It's not weather the Mrs would allow or not. I've got dead animals in the living room allready.

Yeah, he has a nice wide rack. 19" wide to be exact. However, for me it's just not monster enough to hang on the wall. I've always told myself if one is going on the wall it has to be monster. This one is big, but not monster. His antlers are currently serving a grander purpose than just hanging on the wall. They are the handle for the garage beer fridge.

I just got an email from a friend, his kid shot a nice 6 pointer with a bow at 4:30pm. They found it the next morning half eaten by Coyotes. Too bad, it is a young hunter, possibly his first deer??? Time to break out the

HI-POW and BUCK SHOT...

I used to say the same thing. Just remember that each guy's trophy has to be in his own eyes!!! If it is trophy "HUGE" to you, that is all that matters! Nice deer Eric! That bruiser has more width than my buck that watches Primos Truth About Hunting with me every Tuesday night in the living room!

Agreed Chad. A trophey in my eyes may be a doe in someone elses.

Shoot the yotes, I agree. I've seen many fawn and yearling carcasses around yote dens. Not good.

P.S- CC, in your avitar....which one is the turkey?? grin.gif

I hunted pheasants last weekend in South Dakota.

Heading to Pipestone this afternoon, for the weekend deer hunt.

Will report back later......

Turkeys have beards right. I just have the chin triangle, the other two have beards! smart arse!

noticed a beard on a turkey in a black hoodie and orange vest somewhere on this board.

Don't know what you're talkin aboot, dude. I saw a gosh darn handsome feller with a goatee in a black hoodie and orange vest.

Who's going out for the second weekend?? I'm done and the tag is filled. Let's hear about how you second weekend dudes do, and hopefully get some pictures of Mr. Big!!

I saw the buck of a lifetime. Hopefully he will be around this time next year.

How bout some secrets.. Why leave him til next year? Us smoke pollers still have a chance. Besides I'd call you so you could help me drag him out! grin.gif

Anybody shoot anything over the weekend ?

We went one for two over the weekend. Havent heard whether my FIL filled tonight or not.

Seen some nice bucks, just couldnt find em where we could hunt... or, we didnt stay in the stand long enough..

Tons of pheasants left though!.

Secrets? I gots no secrets. grin.gif

Iffin you're a smoke poler, I say go get him. I'm sure he's made a baby or 2. There will be more.

As far as dragging......I'm all about sitting in the toasty warm truck waiting for ya to drag him to me. grin.gif

If you go to the photo sharing fourm, there is a post labeled, "How to post pics here." If you follow the instructions on the very first page it's fairly simple.

Or, you can e-mail it to me and I can post it for you. [email protected]

Nice deer MNman.

Hopefully one of those runs into the slug that comes out of my musket next weekend !!