• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2007 Gun Deer Pics

Tippman

Sorry if this topic is somewhere else. Don't really have time to look now.

Long story short, I had the crosshairs on this buck 4 different times with the safety off. Never was 100% sure of the shot though. He ended up running by my father and he got him! Nearly had him last week with the bow too! 215 lbs field dressed.

DSC00584.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tippman

• picksbigwagon

• bassNspear

• DeanoB

i shot a buck this morning right at daylight, he came in chasing a hot doe, i hit him twice before he disapered into some thick brush, 15 min later as i climed down my stand and started walking his way another much larger buck came in grunting and snorting, he was fired up and looking for a fight, at first i thought it was the buck i shot and he had doubled back on me, i poped a quick shot at him but luckly missed, as he ran out the other side of the valley i heard some rustling in the bushes and sure enough there was my buck laying in the thickest nastyst cocklebur/rasberry bush in the woods, he's a leagle 9pt, with 7 main points and 2 small sticker points near the base of one antler, cooked up the tenderloins for supper this afternoon, and man its nice to taste fresh vinison again, this is the 2nd largest buck of my life behind an 11pt i shot a few years back

2007buck002fv4.jpg

Hey Tippman, nice gun set up. It is close to what I use.

Where about in the state did you shoot the deer?

Actually that's my dad's gun, a 870 wingmaster with redfield I believe. He shot the deer as I said, the pics of him just didn't turn out well with the color for some reason. He was shot near St. Cloud. I have the bar raised pretty high for me now. smile.gif

Hey Tippman,

I'm kind of disappointed in that deer, it's not white!? j/k Oh, because your father harvested it it's a normal deer thats why. Hey Congrats and beautiful buck. Just giving you a hard time. I was lucky enough to take a yearling doe.

mr tongue.gif

whats the circumferance at the base did you by chance shoot this buck near the minnesota river? A couple of people in my party saw a buck on saturday that they didnt have a clear shot at but they could see that it was a brute and sunday evening when registering my nephews doe the guy at the registration station says the neighbors across the river got a brute that field dressed weighed 215. Either way that is a dandy buck congrats.

Here is the 10 pointer I shot on Sunday after a 30 minute cat and mouse game. This is the most fun I have ever had shooting a deer. A half hour of pure excitement. He weighed 200# on a Cabelas scale after field dressing and scored 139 points. He would stick his nose in the shooting lane and stop. Finally he crossed one.

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

well, i'm frickin pumped, i went out hunting this morning with my little bro and filled his tag for him, my 2nd buck of the year and hes going on the wall, hes an 8pt and buy far the biggest buck of my life, hes the biggest buck ive ever seen while hunting, this has been my best hunting season ever, my bro is happy that i shot him, he and his roomates will be eating well this winter!

2007buck005os0.jpg

2007buck006yb7.jpg

2007buck007gi3.jpg

2007buck008pt1.jpg

Yes very nice deer

Quote:

I still have 2 weeks to go, ugh

Me too, well more like 1 week, and lees then a half! grin.gif

Great looking deer guys. It's always nice to take a personal best.

I passed on a mid sized 8 tonight still looking for the big boy near Mcgregor. It's not as easy checking this site from the cell phone as the home computer though.

I got my personal best this year as well. A nice 10 point mainframe with a little 1" sticker/extra browtine.

gun_down.JPG

kill_site.JPG

front_view.JPG

side_view.JPG

Still waiting for him to come by.. This ones been around for 3 years. Nice deer everyone!

deer9-28003.jpg

umichjesse, hey GREAT buck, congrats! looks similar to one i've seen north of Mantorville, did you get him in that vicinity at all? tongue.gif

Quote:

umichjesse, hey GREAT buck, congrats! looks similar to one i've seen north of Mantorville, did you get him in that vicinity at all?
tongue.gif

Nope, he is Houston County born and raised.

The coolest part is that he showed up on trail camera for the first time the weekend before the season.

1194443135_10.26.07tenpt.JPG

Nice job boiler and the rest of you fellas...I'm still waiting patiently for my opportunity.

Here is the 12 pointer I got this afternoon. Hopefully better pictures to come. Pretty unique rack, 8 on one side 4 on the other. Best part is my son is ready to rock one himself now. Told him he has to wait 8 years...talk about a major buzz kill for the youngster.

103_0862.jpg

Very nice Deer!! i am hoping to see something like that this weekend or something even remotly close to that..that would be nice