• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is it just me?

gopher_nation

Is it just me or does anyone else get that throw something at the tv feeling during Vikings games? Not saying that I could coach or play in the NFL, but seriously what is the problem? Are we just doomed to be laughing stock of the league?

Worse is after the game today we'll all be able to see the Colts and Pats play with perfection on both sides.

I dont know.. I just watched a guy set the single game rookie rushing record AND the NFL single game rushing record. Not sure I'd call that laughing stock.

Quote:

The 109.9 yd FG return for a TD was kinda funny...I thought.

SOOOOO, now the Vikes are on the defensive end of both the longest run from scrimmage, Dorsett, and the longest td play in NFL history. NICE

sorry this was a halftime rant. ap had an awesome game and the o-line clicked, defense made good plays, and our third string qb came in and played w/o any big mistakes. all in all it was a good feeling win. this was an example of what this team is capable of, so why don't we see it week in and week out.

question is, now can we go into cheesehead land and dominate a good packers team and make it two in a row.

consistency, ups and downs, stupid penalties, questionable decisions, and not playing to expectations are what have upset me all season.

Quote:

Quote:

SOOOOO, now the Vikes are on the defensive end of both the longest run from scrimmage, Dorsett, and the longest td play in NFL history. NICE

and how many other teams highlights are the vikings a part of?? glad we may have seen the last of that micheal vick td run a couple years ago.

Quote:

Quote:

Think of it this way.. Vikings fans get to see all kinds of records! smirk.gif

Exactly! And when I don't like what I see, for instance the end of the 2nd quarter, I eat then take a nap. Beats working. Fun game to watch, the parts I was awake for anyway... wink.gif

I don't think I could be happier as a Viking fan at this moment considering how things looked after the end of last season the upside/future of this team is encouraging to say the least.

Go Vikes.... grin.gif

What a game, things are looking up! Defense looked really good, qb looked decent, even jackson looked his best, and rice has a good future if they would start throwing to him more, and A.P. Wow this kid is the stud, if he keeps this up he will give the season record a good shot! Just think if he was the starter in the first 6 weeks! They need to find a way to get AP the ball 25-30 times a game. The Vikes are a good reciever, and a qb a way from our first super bowl win. One more thing, Childress didnt seem to make any game loosing decisions, besides maybe the 57 yd fg attempt, but that wasnt so bad, looks like he figured out that if he gives the ball to AP, he gets a win! grin.gif

and how many other teams highlights are the vikings a part of??

How about Steve Young's TD run against the Vikes. Jim Marshall running the wrong way. shocked.gif

The Vikings have a awsome running game, with AP and CT, run defense is unbeatable, good punter, I am pretty sure Rice will turn out to be a good reciever, if the Vikes had a calvin Johnson, and picked up Drew Breese, do you think they wouldnt be unbeatable? I know are pass defense has not been par, but they sure looked good yesterday!

That run game was the result of some incredible offensive line play. Those guys OWNED the line of scrimmage. They also had great blocking on the outside and downfield as well. Peterson gets all the credit but he wouldn't have had that day if it wasn't for the linemen. Chester Taylor ran the ball fairly well too when he was in.

I love it when the offense can run!

Can you imagine our running game getting better?

It will if we ever get some hint of a passing game and teams can't stack 8 or 9 in the box anymore.

Awesome game, Peterson... AND THE ENTIRE DEFENSE. WAY TO GO!

Lets see what next week brings. Will the D return to sitting back and taking it, or will they continue to aggressively blitz and control the game? I would guess the Pack will be ready for either scenario, so STAY AGGRESSIVE. If we do, it's almost guaranteed to result in a Farve pick or two.

Now we've seen what they're capable of in the positive sense grin.gif. With a lot of luck, we hopefully won't again see what they're capable of on the other end of the spectrum. Odds are they won't maintain that type of excellent gameplay week after week, but hopefully we've seen the last of the embarrassing futility displayed over the past year and a half.

A guy can dream anyway, right?

GO VIKES.. !!!

Quote:

A good receiver and a qb away from a superbowl win? What are you smoking?
confused.gif

I agree, but I have to add one more thing- a head coach, too

Did anyone else notice that T Jack looked pretty happy to be standing on the sideline?

Good qbs do struggle in their first season or two, but he's not getting the experience he needs when he misses half the year with injuries.

You also have to take into account that it was San Diego that they played. That being said, I haven't seen that poor of a team in awhile? The queens did stop the run, but that was all San Diego could of possibly offered from what I seen.Their QB looked worse than ours!