• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Marion - Lakeville

I recently moved to Lakeville very close to Lake Marion. I don't know anything about the lake, but am planning on trying some ice fishing once we get some ice. Does anyone have any information about the lake? How is it for crappies? Does the lake get fished pretty hard? Thanks.

It gets fished pretty hard, but theres some decent fish in there. Check out the DNR lake finder for a map and species info.

I was on Marion ice early a couple of times last winter & there was a good crowd of anglers out there. I caught a lot of bullheads - on waxies, fatheads, shiners, they wouldn't leave anything alone! Talked to a couple of guys who said "shoulda been here yesterday!" both times I was out. Last year the deeper basin took a long, long time to freeze up, I was fishing on 6-8" of ice & watching whitecaps south of the boat ramp. It is fished pretty heavily both summer & winter from my excursions there.

Yeah this lake does get fished pretty hard and the recreational boaters in the Summer make it almost impossible to fish.

But since you live near it, give it some time and I am sure you'll find a few secrets. There are still some nice fish to be caught. Get ready to put in alot of hours.