• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bruiser...

Eckie

A buddy (not the shooter in the photos) emailed these to me...taken in Iowa with a muzzleloader...thought you guys might enjoy this little guy, especially a couple of days before season. wink.gif

vxr7yz91mfgbmf8d1dmi.jpg

vo097qyuu8x6b0o79cjh.jpg

aeeybktnds99olktz11j.jpg

I think it's a fake too, Notice how you can never see the back third of the deer or when the shooter is holding up the bucks head, his hand is placed on the bottem jaw of the buck but doesn't match up at all.

I think someone did just shoot the new Iowa record buck... I saw a picture somewhere else.

I'd need confirmation before calling that a real deer. I did a quick search and had no luck finding any secondary story. Is it amazing? Yes. Plausible? Yes. True? Maybe. These run in the same loops as those 2 Northern Pike shots that seem to resurface every 6 months or so. You know the ones.

I'm with Mcgurk (and I'm the one who posted the photos). I'm checking with my source on validity and confirmation. When I first received the email, I noticed the pics were from 2007, and I didn't think Iowa's muzzleloader season opened until later in the year, but checked the IA regs and did find that they do have an early season, from 10/13 - 10/21.

Everyone should notice that I haven't posted on whether I thought they were real or not, even though I do believe it's entirely possible that they could be. The fact that the entire body of the animal isn't in the photo's doesn't hold much merit to me. We've all seen many similar type camera shots.

For now, like I said before, I posted them as I thought the deer was massive and impressive and would be an enjoyable view, but I'll continue to research the validity and let you know what I find.

Real or not that bruiser sure does pump ya up to hit the stand. Those splits are cool on brows and g2s, not to mention the mass. Man I'm itching to get into the stand you guys that live close to or on the land you hunt got it made, I'd love to be out with my bow right now. Tomorrow though I may just have to see if that ND migration is kicking yet, for some greenheads. grin.gif

Hard to get an accurate perspective with the wide angle lens... but it's obviously an incredible deer nonetheless!

Iowa's muzzleloader was a couple of weekends ago, but that is definately a fake, that third picture with him balancing the antler and hanging onto the nose? That head alone probably weighs 50 pounds. what about the mystery green spot on the frint shoulder in the first picture? B as in B, S as in S.......notice how the lighting is a little off as well? Yes that is a big buck but that guy didn't shoot it. Just my 2 cents. (hey whatever happened to "cents" symbol, it's not on my keyboard)

It does look altered to me too, not sure what, but it doesn't quite ring true. Could it be legit? Yes, I think so, but if I have to choose I'd say no it's fake.

Some of you guys must miss the X-Files or something because your your reaching on saying it's a fake. It looks real to me.

I would have to say its real!

As far as figuring out if a deer is fake, this image helps. Rampola buck?????

buck2.gif

Real or fake, I don't know, but something just doesn't look right with that picture.

Doesn't look altered at all. I would say it's definitely real. Remember how everyone was blowing the big pike picture off as fake? Well that turned out to be real as well. Everyone gets too skeptical when they see a picture of a nice buck/fish. There is nothing fake about those pictures.

Mystery green spot? Give me a break, that's a leaf on a plant, follow the stem up from the ground and you'll see it.

The real question is where was it actually shot, turns out that big pike came from some big lake in Holland, not even in this country.

I thought it might of been pen raised, but who knows now a days!

I like to think it is true!

WHAT THE HECK IS WITH EVERYONE!!!!

Does every deer over 170, 190, 220 inches have to be a FAKE!?!?!?

Its in Iowa for kripes sakes! There probably gonna shoot 50-100 more bucks down there that would gross Boone & Crocket!!! Some will be bigger than this one... AND REAL TOO!

If MN hunters wouldnt over harvest the little bucks wede see a bunch of hogs in the newspapes and in our sights too!!!

Give the guys some credit, so he shot a 200" plus Non-typ, CONGRATS! Its not like he shot a UFO or something! crazy.gif

Yeah its pretty amazing how everyone that shoots a big buck or catches a big fish or wins a tourney is somehow cheating.

Quote:

I would have to say its real!

I said it once!

Now, when someone posts something that has gone threw this beautiful thing we call the internet, some skepticism has to be given.

Now if this was an FM'er with a great post, I would be the first to say "Great Deer" and that would be all. A post like this, someone should be intitled to voice an opinion.

Any other internet image post, there is always a grey cloud looming, until facts are brought forward! Plus it looks like some have done some researching on this buck and I have yet to see anything pan out. A deer of this size would most likley have been in Star Tribune by now! Just a lot of if's!

Nice pics though!

Yes, I did a little research, you would think the word would have been out about this 200"+ deer, but not any mention of it other then on here. I know if I shot one like it, it would have been in the paper real quick grin.gif. Sorry the size issue just doesnt seem right to me!

I hope I am wrong, and this guy shot a world record, but I doubt it!

nycnewyorkbrooklynbridgol2.jpg

Hey guys! I've got a line on a bridge that's for sale in New York! I just got some pictures emailed to me, and though I'd give you guys first dibs as I'm not interested. Let me know if you want the contact info.

After considerable research (and curiosity)...I finally found what all the non-believers are looking for. To be honest, when I first received the pictures, I thought they looked real (not photoshopped), but with the WWW the way it is today, I opted to not place judgement until myself or someone else 'in the know' surfaced with concrete info.

Here's the story ---

(Note from admin,please read forum policy before posting again,Thank-you.)

Awesome buck, Steve...congrats!

Good luck this weekend, everyone.

This guy knows how too use the art of deception in his pictures. He knows how too take good pictures. Its like the photo of the 25" walleye that looks like its 30". Havent any of you guys done this in your fishing/hunting photos?? You know...get the camera low too the ground and hold your arms out a ways when your holding the rack. Take a picture of you walking up on the deer, it looks like your right on top of the deer but in reality your 5 feet behind it? Very easy too make any animal look much bigger than reality.

Quote:

This guy knows how too use the art of deception in his pictures.

But the buck still green scored 212! And I think most of us try to make our take look larger than it is in pics. What a buck!

I am still having a tough time with this one. According to an article on Mossy Oak Perspective...

Quote:

I didn’t hear about the buck until the next morning after Steve and his friends had recovered it only 150 yards from the point where it was standing when he shot. Steve called while still in the woods to ask if I would photograph the deer for him. Of course, I was excited to see it.

I was napping on the floor of my office by the time the excited group got to my home. When I stood up I told Steve that he had better not have a runt buck in the back of his truck. I would be pretty mad if he woke me up for something small. My eyes bugged out when I stepped out of the door and saw a giant antler sticking up above the bed of Steve’s truck.

Also, there have been at least 4 different names credited with the pictures in about 7 different articles I read about this deer. And most of the articles have been exactly the same. Like a press release, yet they too come up with a different authors name each time.

I hope it is real, and this guy gets all the joy and accolades deserving of someone who bags a deer of that magnitude, but it all seems fishy to me. The pics look doctored, the same 3 pictures get credited to all kinds of different people....

Plus, this guy, I quoted above, claims to have taken the pictures at his office the day after the deer was killed. You can not tell me that a deer is that flexible 24 hours after the kill. Nor does it look like the deer is at someones office.

I could be wrong, I kind of hope I am, but still...

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...

Quote:

Also, there have been at least 4 different names credited with the pictures in about 7 different articles I read about this deer. And most of the articles have been exactly the same. Like a press release, yet they too come up with a different authors name each time.

Can you please post these 7 references? I'd be interested in seeing those as I have only been able to find the one story.

Thanks much.

Who cares! Its just a big Iowa buck!

It apparently grosses green 212 NT and net 205 Non-Typ. So its not like this thing is any kind of record or even close to it! Just a big, REAL, buck with some nice photos that make it appear as big as it is!