• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Late season clothes

harvey lee

Many times I like to hunt late season but dont really care for the colder weather in the stand. I have found a new clothing line that will save the day for me.

I have a set of Artic Armor bibs and jacket in camo and used just the bibs last weekend in North Dakota. The material is very quiet, keeps one dry and no problem with the cooler mornings. It is also a nice camo pattern that the deer didnt seem to mind.

Next trip I will be using the jacket and this year will hopefully extend my fall archery season a bit longer with such great clothes.

Great deal about the Artic wear is I can also use it during ice season, turkey hunting and a little duck blind hunting also.

This stuff is great and I better mention that it may also save your life if one were to fall through the ice.

Take a look here.

http://www.idigear.com/

I think this stuff looks great - I would like to hear more testimonials from folks who have used this during ice fishing season. I dont want to give up my bulky snowmobile suit quite yet - but if this stuff is not only waterproof - but keeps you as warm or warmer than say a good regrigiwear snowmobile suit - I may pull the trigger - any more comments from those who have experience would be great to hear!

From wearing the outfit in red this last winter I can vouch for the warmth... wow...

Funny Harv posted this today.. I contacted them today to see if I could order a set of camo bibs!!!

So Tom when you say it's quiet, does that mean it's the kind of material that won't make noise when brushing against brush on the way to the stand like fleece???

I really love my red suit. I can't wait for ice season. Now that they have the camo option I'm seriously considering buying the bibs. I've always wanted a nice set of bibs for sitting in the stand. It seems like everything I buy lets water through when you sit too long or kneel in the snow. I know from experience that the Artic Armor does not get wet when kneeling on the ice. SO many thing and so little money.....

I'll second tippmans question, how is the fabric for quietness when you're walking thru the woods? Is there a retail store in MN where a person can look at and feel and try it on? I have a real hard time buying spendy clothes online without being able to feel and touch them. Last comment is that the camo pattern seems awful dark for late season hunting, you'll look like a black blob.

Sorry, have not looked in much for a day or so. I"m sure that fleece is quieter than the Artic Armor clothes. With that being said, I can walk into the woods to my stand and when I brush against trees and such, they are pretty quiet. Another thing I liked about the suit is while I'm sitting in my stand, I got up a few times and drew back to see just how much noise I would make. There is no doubt in my mind that if a deer is 20 yards away they are not going to hear me. Now, lets say the deer is 10 yards from me and I'm sitting in my stand and need to stand up to shoot, I believe I could do it. Thats if the deer doesnt see any of my movement getting up. She is tough out there right now with no foilage in the trees or woods.

Will I wear the bibs again, for sure.

The coat I have not worn in the tree stand. My only concern with also using the coat is that it might be a little to bulky. I just dont know as of yet as I have not worn it in the stand and tried to shoot the bow.

I guess to answer your question

1- bibs-- yes, good

2- Jacket--not used-jury's out.

all this talk Harv--- Got me thinking for late season this year.. I sent an e-mail to them on a quote for just the bibs... I like to be warm in stand.. CANT STAND BEING COLD!!!!!!

Good information guys. As a side note, I bought a set of UnderArmour Cold Gear a year ago and it is definitely worth the money. It really does the job of keeping your body heat contained.

I was going to buy the cold gear until I found some long underwear made by drake. Late season technology (LST) it is called. Man is that stuff comfy and warm. It was a little cheaper than underarmour too. Can't wait to use it on my Minnesota elk hunt in december.

I can vouch for the Cabelas 10 mile cloth series with Gortex. Bibs are so warm I have to carry them to the stand before putting them on. Great for Wi gun season. They appear to be the warmest blaze orange series Cabelas sells.