• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New GPS lake map of Rainy in works

Two big Lakemaster boats have been recording data on Rainy for several days. They plan to issue a new map. I would think it would take about 20 years of boat riding to cover the whole lake but it will be interesting to see the final product.

The technology and technique used in those boats is pretty amazing. So are the maps. It will take a while, but you'll see a really nice product soon enough....

They've been mapping for at least 3 months now and I'm fairly certain it will include both sides of the border.

Just yesterday I put a new Garmin 750 in the truck. What a fantastic piece of technology! It caused me to contemplate how much GPS technology has changed my fishing and hunting experience. It seems like yesterday when we saw first hand how accurate GPS was during Desert Storm. Now I can motor my boat in the fog to my favorite duck blind, go on a milk run for fishing, or find the cheapest gas or avoid traffic jams in the city.

Now comes a new map of my favorite lake. Does life get any better?

Regards,

Wayne