• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A duck hunting first

The_Duckslayer

I was out Saturday morning and there was a coon in my spot. He did not want to leave but I kinda coaxed him to. Well when I got to shore I see that he was sitting there having a breakfast of bullheads and the second one was not all the way gone. So, the whole time I am sitting there in the dark I keep looking around to make sure he is not comming back. Well he never did that I know of. However just as the sun fully topped the trees on the other side of the lake I heard a branch snap. I turned around expecting to see that racoon back but there standing about 15 yards from me was a nice 6 point buck. Oh man the heart started pounding! I hope I see one like that next Saturday! Any way he stood there for a while looking in my direction but I dont know if he saw me or just knew there was something there as I was in camo with a camo net over my face. The "woods" that were behing me are 30 feet wide at the most. Was fun to see him all lit up in that morning sun! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

You now understand that being a "true outdoorsman" has nothing to do with killing stuff. It is about being "out there".

As the years go by it gets better. wink.gif

Quote:

You now understand that being a "true outdoorsman" has nothing to do with killing stuff. It is about being "out there".

As the years go by it gets better.
wink.gif

I have been hunting for 35 years and I have understood that for quite a few years. The true beauty of hunting is being out in the open and spending quality time with family and friends. If we happen to harvest something then that is a bonus. Seeing that buck was truly a special bonus! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo