• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Remington Propane Heater

TimBuck2

Question

I have a Remington REMCP25 heater a buddy of mine asked me to fix for him. Apparently he bought it last year for heating his portable fish house, and it never worked properly. So far I have rerouted the thermocouple, as it seemed to be slightly kinked. I hooked it up to an almost depleted 20 lb tank and ran it for a while. It started up fine and after a couple of minutes it cut out. It started right up again and ran for about 30min. until the tank ran out. I went and got a fresh tank and now it won't run at all. It will light but wont stay on when I let off the button. I'm thinking he needs a regulator, but I wanted some advice. He's got a regulator with a needle valve built in, but I think I might get a replacement regulator and a seperate valve. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tim

2 answers to this question

sounds like one of those pressure related deals.

Can you hook up a 1lb tank? If so, try that first. If it works, then there is an issue with the way the fuel is being delivered from the 20lb tank and not the heater.