• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

stfcatfish, congrats on the great photo

Great shot you got of the black wolf on the cover of the Outdoor News. Not very often you have a moment like that!

pickle

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

WTG Steve!

Those wolf pics are my favorite. I want them on my wall someday. Awesome Steve!

Lisa

Quote:

Those wolf pics are my favorite. I want them on my wall someday. Awesome Steve!

Lisa

I would like some on our walls too! grin.gif Nice work Steve!

Thanks, Chris! grin.gif

Threeball, it ether took 4 1/2 years or five seconds, depending on how you look at the time investment. I've been up here for 4 1/2 years trying to get pictures of wild wolves (have managed it one other time over a deer kill but not from close up). But I only spent a total of five seconds with my finger depressing the shutter for blackie here. grin.gif

Oh, it was totally luck. I was parked just off the Fernberg. Pulled over to photograph an interesting segment of bark and the wolf came trotting along. Saw me the whole way. Posed at 20 yards, then as my first burst of images was writing to the CF card, she took a few steps forward, dropped her head and gave me that classic stare. There are a couple more images from that encounter, as well as a more full account of the happening, over on the FM photo sharing board under the title: Black wolf of the Fernberg.

But I'll tell you, even if I was set up in that spot for hours on end, it'd still be luck that a wolf decided not only to visit, but to make itself visible for the time it takes to get clear photos. I've seen lots of wolves since moving up here, but they never hang around. Unwilling models, I guess. grin.gif

Some people are so lucky, just being in the right place at the right time? Or are you out everyday making your own luck? Just saw the picture today. Nice

Took a look at the photos on the photo sharing forum. Awesome shots there Catfish. Gotta take a lot of time in the woods to get that close to a wolf.