• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Darkhouse Pictures 2007-2008 Season!!!!!

bassNspear

Take your pike when you get home and clean it by cutting head off and slicing up the belly to get the insides out.Chunk the fish into equal size parts being 2-3 pieces depending on the size. Then, skin and all soak in pretty heavy salt water for 2-3 days, like you would to smoke. Then bake on 350 for up to a hour or till the meat feels firm and white(done). Peel the meat off the skin and all the bones, bones should be easy to work around. Put the meat in a bowl it will be like tunafish add mayo till moist, then add 1 can of frito lays Jaliopeno cheese dip, half onion (diced), a few pikles if you want (diced) Garlic powder, dill weed, and pepper,( I like a lot of fresh pepper) mix it all together and it makes a awesome spread on any cracker. I brought it to work with it and everyone chowed it. This recipe is basically what I put in it you can add things or take somethings out I never measure anything when I cook as most guys don't. Try it no fish taste for the non-fish liking people. Good way to do something different with the pike this season. I did see somewhere that if you boiled pike in 7-up dipped it in butter it was like crab so I want to try that. Let me know if you tried to make it and if you liked it. Any other ?'s e-mail me. Long live the spear! Slim

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Central Bassman

• merkman

• fisherking01

What I do is put enough 7-up into a kettle to cover the filet and start heating. Then cut up a sugar cube sized piece of garlic and put into a pan along with a big spoonful of butter and lemon juice. Once the 7-up starts to foam up take it out of the pan and finish by frying the filet adding salt and pepper to taste.

It is a little different than the "Poor Man's Lobster" recipe but still tastes great.

Look into the recipe forum on the bottom of the drop down. There is a ton of good stuff in there.

A friend of mine and I went out Sat to a small lake that I thought was unspearable. 2 ft visibility.

He was tip up fishing and I was spearing.

We ended up having a pretty good day!

71e9a65b-cad2-4c65-a2cd-ac16e158ee14.jpg

One of those guys (namely me) comes from the International Falls area and has a nice thick coat of winter blubber this year. \:D

It was a balmy 30 degs.

Take your arguments elsewhere, please keep this forum on topic. It is one of my favorites and I thouroughly enjoy seeing the success the people have.

Brent

Me and my brother had a good day of spearing.

Bass in hole

IMG_0733.jpg

6.5lber

IMG_0809.jpg

Video of some pike getting speared from today

th_Movie.jpg

nice video. looks like a very dirty lake you were on. im guessing its one of the three we always talk about

Actually it was a metro area lake.. My camera doesnt take good video since i was only using my photo digital camera to capture video. we were spearing in about 20ft of water.

For some reason when I try to watch the video, the link in photobucket just blinks really fast. What would be the problem?

Originally Posted By: tritonman
For some reason when I try to watch the video, the link in photobucket just blinks really fast. What would be the problem?

Sometimes things like this require Internet Explorer.

It works for me with IE7

we had two spear houses out that day and my brother wasnt seeing anying northerns in his house which was the picture with the bass that water was about 8-9ft. the other house was in 20 ft you could just see the bottom we ran the decoys down about 6 ft and that seemed to work never have speared that deep before

i haven't been on here for a while, but in regards to bass n spear - those are northern minn. pike, my old man has land and a cabin near backus where we've been spearing...

i'm still a minnesota resident (until spearing is over) then its devils lake (if i can find some clear water) for this guy - i gotta get out before it closes up

nice to talk with ya again man.

Your oldman having any luck on the lake just north of his place?

i never got out there this year. Lakes close to there, but never got out there this year?

How long does the season last back in ND

my batteries in my camera went dead so I didnt get a pic of my pike yesterday that was 33.5 inches and just under 11 pounds. I did manage two get a pic of it at lunch time. man it was good so today I had to get more for lunch so this time with batteries replace I stabbed 2 pike a 31.5 incher and a 25 incher. I might have to have pike for lunch tomarrow as well.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

>