• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Rule for Portable Spearhouses!!

bassNspear

What do you all think of the new the rule the DNR places for not having to licence your portable fishhouse as a darkhouse anymore.

The new rule stats that is you take your house off the lake everynight, you dont have to get a licence. Gota love that huh.

Still have to get your spearing licence, just dont have to get one for the house.

• 3 weeks later...

Well we usually leave our spearhouses out on the lake for the weekend. So I'll continue to buy the shelter license

from what I'm hearing, we used to be able to leave any house on the lake over night, with no tag. With the new law we will have have a licence on any house left out over night. Before we could switch tags from house to house as long as we were not in them. they still get more money!! Oh well!!

Ya the new rule is that if you are keeping a house on the lake overnight, it has to be licenced. If not keeped overnight, you dont have to licence it.

• 3 weeks later...

Quote:

from what I'm hearing, we used to be able to leave any house on the lake over night, with no tag. With the new law we will have have a licence on any house left out over night. Before we could switch tags from house to house as long as we were not in them. they still get more money!! Oh well!!

Under the old rules any fishhouse on the ice occupied or not had to have a license. The new rules will help the guys that don't leave their house on the ice overnight (Clams and Otters mostly). You can still switch your license as always between 2 houses as long as both aren't left on the ice overnight.

I think its a good ideal. There was no reason to licence them if you are aways taking them off the ice!

thats true bro. there is no reason that would should have to do it. But on the other hand, i understand where they are coming from when they are saying that a house should be licenced. They need there money as well.

o.k...so let me get this straight...

I no longer need to purchase a fish house license if I pull the darn thing off each night?

Steve