• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

bowhunters bucks

blarkey

Nice buck. If you look in the Archery forum there is a thread that is just for bow kills going all season.

Nice buck!

My guess is that it was shot in Wisconsin. It looks like a Wis lic plate on the car.

Nels

could think of nobody more disserving of this trophy opportunity which he capitalized upon flawlessly.

The boy lost his father this year in late June, my cousin & best friend of 37 years. The bow he used was his father’s new Bowtech unit which he had just purchased and never got a chance to hunt with himself.

The boy took his father’s bow which he was so proud of & sealed the deal on this trophy buck.

I’m very proud of this young man and very happy that he will become a part of my hunting camp this year & hopefully will return for as many years as I have to live out on this earth.

He’s a fine young man, raised by the best man I have ever met, my best friend.

Dave-

I have heard of countless stories of hunters losing there dad, or grandpa, or even there best hunting buddy, and then that next closest season, they are blessed with a dandy. I have also been blessed like this. I truely believe those close to us that have passed are watching, and helping. Everytime I get in the woods I see little signs of my loved ones presence. Im not a real bible beater, but after enough of these miraculous experiences I know better than to call it anything but that. I cant tell you how many times I have sat down in my stand to talk with God or loved ones that have passed, and had immediate signs. Whether that be deer, or other animals, or anything that might remind me of that person, it always happens, and its never slight, Its always a strong "in your face sign". Thats a big reason why I love being out there...Im glad your nephew was able to harvest a great buck like that!

thats a nice buck I got my biggist buck a 32 and he's already beat that, congrats.His dad would've been proud.

I am very happy for your nephew... what a great story. I absolutely agree with what hunter4life said... there is alot more than hunting that goes on in a tree stand or in the woods.

His dad was my best friend. words can not express the brotherly strength of our friendship.

When I went to his house after hearing of his accident (the day of) my family went to be with his family & try to stumble our way in some direction... not knowing what to do now?? I'm sure some of you understand & have been though it yourself.

I had a plan to build a cabin on some hunting land my wife & I had just acquired. we were really in no hurry with the project but suddenly a light came on, I asked the kid, my nephew, if he thought he might be able to come & help build the cabin with me & asked him if he would consider hunting with us & becoming part of our new camp we were putting together.

He said yes to both & the rest of the summer/fall from about July 1st & forward has been a blurr.

The popular opinion was that it could not be built in time for this deer rifle season that is now almost here.

Well, it is done. And we will begin something new this year that I hope lasts a very long time. Also in our group is my late friend's father (my uncle)

There are of course others in our party, my wife for one who is an avid hunter, my 3 children, only one of which is of hunting age so far. Also probably a couple of my friends, maybe my own father, possibly my little brother now & then...

But there are 3 guys that need this new bonding experience during this time of the year that we are coming up on. Well, me, the boy & my uncle, we need it like a flame needs oxygen.

Things will never be the same but we are better off going ahead together than we are seperately.

Hunter4life, i don't really know the bible from the dictionary myself, but still I do like to believe my cousin was in that stand with the boy assisting in a smooth draw, calm nerves, true aim & a crisp release...

Great story. It helps identify some of the real reasons we hunt together. Family and friends doing things together. Thanks for the story.

ND, I understand what you are going through. This is Minnesota where brothers are close, and cousins can be closer.

Quote:

ND, I understand what you are going through. This is Minnesota where brothers are close, and cousins can be closer.

you've got that right, I know cause I have brothers!! smile.gif

I've hijacked, sorry, unintentional.

any more archery buck pics? I wish I had one of my own to post wink.gif

Dave

nice story northerndave....thats what hunting and fishing is all about...lifelong friends and memories....i have also lost a couple of my closest friends and hunting partners..it will never be quite the same again but you gotta keep on goin and hold your memories close...when i'm out in that stand i know they are with me....i just wish they'd help push more big bucks my way!!! grin.gif

both them bucks pictured are dandies!! hopefully we all get some nice ones this season!

Quote:

I've hijacked, sorry, unintentional.

Dave

Dave, you didn't hi-jack, you posted a fantastic buck picture and told an even better story that we are better off for having heard. Nothing wrong with a good reminder about life! THANKS for sharing and good luck with your new hunting shack and future seasons!

Jeff